Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

School year off to a bad start.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Two weeks ago I stood in the rain for an hour so that I could enroll my daughter in the boys and girls club, I knew there would be a lot of people and the slots filled up fast so I got there early.  The people that were there first were told that since they were the first to sign up then that was their acceptance call.

Fast forward to today, school started.  The school sent their officer to my home to notify me that my daughter would not be able to attend this afternoon and maybe not even this year due to an incomplete application.  The thing is, they started calling the parents yesterday and I missed it because I was not by the phone.

I talked to the lady over boys and girls club for our school (also is my daughter's homeroom teacher) and she said that she tried to call multiple times over the last few days (she did not) and since she could not reach me then she to the next on the list.

What can I do?  Is there anything I can do?  Would the principal step in?  Should I continue on even though this lady is my kid's teacher?  I don't want her to take it out on me or my daughter if I cause problems, but really, this is so messed up.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM

BUMP!

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM
3 moms liked this

you pull up your phone records, print them out, and head on down to the office to talk to whomever is in charge.  this is unacceptable, and it's not your fault that due diligence wasn't performed in attempt to contact you about an incomplete application that they should have checked over when you initially turned it in.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:56 PM
It's an unfortunate situation, but I don't think there is anything you can do.
chefmartha
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:00 PM

Just a thought...Could she have dialled a wrong number? I know that when we moved I went in and changed the address with the school for both my girls. I double checked it and our phone number at that time, and still the school nurse got the new address wrong when she sent something thru the mail to us. I've also, in the past, gotten a few 'we tried to call you but got no answer' remarks only to find out that they were off by one number or had juxtaposed a couple of numbers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM
They didnt look over your application the day you were standing in the rain? What was missing from the application that they needed so badly?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:05 PM

It was the number I gave her two weeks ago, she was calling what I had written on the paper.  She also claims that she called my sister multiple times (emergency contact) and couldn't get a hold of her either ( again, she didn't).  I think it's more like her friends needed their kids in and so she bumped mine.

Quoting chefmartha:

Just a thought...Could she have dialled a wrong number? I know that when we moved I went in and changed the address with the school for both my girls. I double checked it and our phone number at that time, and still the school nurse got the new address wrong when she sent something thru the mail to us. I've also, in the past, gotten a few 'we tried to call you but got no answer' remarks only to find out that they were off by one number or had juxtaposed a couple of numbers.

Charley427
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I would pull phone records and bring proof. Good luck.
FoxFire363
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd honestly consider pulling my phone records up and taking it up with the principal.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was the number I gave her two weeks ago, she was calling what I had written on the paper.  She also claims that she called my sister multiple times (emergency contact) and couldn't get a hold of her either ( again, she didn't).  I think it's more like her friends needed their kids in and so she bumped mine.

Quoting chefmartha:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM

We stood outside until they opened the gym, but yes, the main boys and girls club ladies looked it over to make sure I filled out all the slots.  I just don't know why they waited until last night to verify the phone numbers, and why they passed me over just because I didn't answer.  I didn't even receive a voice mail.

Quoting Anonymous: They didnt look over your application the day you were standing in the rain? What was missing from the application that they needed so badly?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:12 PM
What was missing from the application? They need a secure way of contacting you. What if there had been an emergency? Do you not have a cell phone as a secondary line for them to call?

Quoting Anonymous:

We stood outside until they opened the gym, but yes, the main boys and girls club ladies looked it over to make sure I filled out all the slots.  I just don't know why they waited until last night to verify the phone numbers, and why they passed me over just because I didn't answer.  I didn't even receive a voice mail.

Quoting Anonymous: They didnt look over your application the day you were standing in the rain? What was missing from the application that they needed so badly?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)