Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dad died on Monday.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My dad never really was a part of my life. He and my mom divorced when I was 4 years old and he lived in another state. I grew up extremely poor and he never helped out. my mom had to track him down for the little child support he did pay. I can literally count on my hands the number of times I have seen him. (I am 32 now)

He denied beating my mom,he denied being an alcoholic.

Now I feel very little but loss. His family seems to think I should be more upset. Am I wrong or cold like they say?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:26 PM
I don't see why you should care , really.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
3 moms liked this
No, your loss was 28 years ago not 2 days ago. They can piss off.
Vesta20
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I had this conversation the other day with my mom about the loss of an uncle that I didn't know very well. I feel bad for his kids and that he had to suffer but I'm not really mourning.
I don't think you're cold. How can you mourn the loss of some you didn't know?
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:29 PM
No the moment he left you you mourned him. He's merely a stranger to you. You are feeling the way I would be.
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to be emotional when a parent/relative dies that you had little to no contact with. I'm sorry they are trying to make you feel bad about your feelings. You can't force yourself to feel anything more than what you do. You lost your father long before he died.

KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not cold. Everyone deals with things differently. Shame on them for trying to make you feel like you're doing something wrong! :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM

I have missed him my whole life. I am always secretly a little jealous of a daddy's girl. But once the shock wore off I was OK.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)