Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I mean if I hate watching my husband's brothers dog?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
  • 39 Replies
My husbands brother asked him if I would watch his dog. I hate watching his brother's dog's.
1. They smell so bad that even giving them a bath makes it worst.
2. They ask my husband knowing I will be home watching them. I feel it's more respectful to call me and ask.
My husband gets so upset with me because I don't want to. I think I have good reasons not to but no I'm always the bad guy. It is so frustrating.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:31 PM
I wouldn't watch a dog in my house.
erin708
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:32 PM
I dont really like dogs so i wouldn't. I have watched my sil lab but hes a good dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristaP13
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Not at all. 

I would never ask someone to watch my dogs at their house and I would never watch other peoples dogs at mine. 

lancet98
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I love dogs.   Our whole life revolves around our dogs.   If dogs are not allowed at a place, we don't go.   

And I think that taking care of your brother in law's dogs is not something you should be pressured to do if you don't want to do it.

I also think that if the dogs stink that bad, they are eventually going to get a skin infection or other health problem from such poor basic care.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Youve got to be kidding me. Right? Riiiiiight?

Quoting lancet98:

I love dogs.   Our whole life revolves around our dogs.   If dogs are not allowed at a place, we don't go.   

And I think that taking care of your brother in law's dogs is not something you should be pressured to do if you don't want to do it.

I also think that if the dogs stink that bad, they are eventually going to get a skin infection or other health problem from such poor basic care.

eztwins
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:37 PM
No I don't think your a bad person especially since you hate it but did it! My bils dogs would be at friggin kennel.
FaithHope6
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:38 PM
I love dogs. We had a good dog die a few months back. I have no problem watching other people's dogs. I just hate watching my brother in laws dogs. The smell is just so hard to deal with.

Quoting lancet98:

FaithHope6
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Thank you! My husband makes me feel like a bad person for saying no and whenever it comes to his family I feel like I'm obligated to say yes. I have there dog now and it's stressing me out because not only do I need to watch there dog we have to get ready to move in a week.

Quoting eztwins: No I don't think your a bad person especially since you hate it but did it! My bils dogs would be at friggin kennel.
eztwins
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM
There are no dogs in my house, ever! 1. I'm allergic 2. I feel animals are gross so I don't want them in here. My mil and fil had to live with us for 3 months while their house was being built...I made them find somewhere for their dog. It wasn't coming here. So I'm a real bitch lol

Quoting FaithHope6: Thank you! My husband makes me feel like a bad person for saying no and whenever it comes to his family I feel like I'm obligated to say yes. I have there dog now and it's stressing me out because not only do I need to watch there dog we have to get ready to move in a week.

Quoting eztwins: No I don't think your a bad person especially since you hate it but did it! My bils dogs would be at friggin kennel.
lancet98
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM

I assume this is your attempt at sarcastic humor.

Quoting JDmommyJD: Youve got to be kidding me. Right? Riiiiiight?
Quoting lancet98:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)