Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ughhh would this annoy you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

WHY CANT PEOPLE CALL BEFORE SHOWING UP! Seriously! I would never dream of just showing up at a friends or family members house without calling first? My husband family always just shows up without calling. Today I have a cold from hell so I am lounging around in my pajamas with no bra on and looking like a mess and my freaking SIL shows up with 2 of her friends. The house is a mess and so am I and she was offended when I said she needed to call. AND she wanted to wake up my kids to see them! 

Ughhhh. Am I the only one annoyed by this?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser SΓΆze on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:52 PM

No that would annoy me too.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Depends on who shows up, why and when honestly. In that situation, I'd probably be annoyed. It's really not that hard to just make a phone call, ya know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:55 PM
My ex used to show up to pick up my oldest without any notice. Several times it was early in the morning and he woke us all up pounding on the door.
Or he would show up when we were gone, and then get pissed off that he had "wasted a trip to my place" and we weren't even there. Like, dumbass, you didn't even call to let us know you were coming over.
BIG reason why, when I moved, I never gave him my new address. We meet at the local stores for pick up/drop off.

Everyone else I know, like friends and family, know to give me notice. Sometimes my mom will randomly show up, but it's not often.
ShellLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM
My friends and family never call. It doesn't bother me and they all know they could be told it's not a good time.
KristaP13
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:00 PM

I wouldn't be as annoyed if it was just family, but I would pissed if it was someone with their friends. 

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Depends on who it is. MIL doesn't have a phone so she usually stops by without calling unless her sister or nieces are home and let her use theirs. My dad usually gives a heads up he's coming but he has a standing invitation on the weekends so we expect him and it's no big deal if he doesn't.

Everyone else needs to call or I'm annoyed.

Unbeknownst
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM

That would drive me absolutely nuts. It's one of the perks of living in a "GPS says: I'm sorry, that location doesn't exist" area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:34 PM

No, I hate that crap too!  My family does that all the time and I can't stand it.  I wouldn't answer the door or say we weren't there when they called from the front porch so they call more now lol.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Most people here just show up and if we're home we're home if not they wasted a trip

notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:37 PM
Nope doesnt bother me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)