Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ahhh help with dd's hair!!!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok momma's I am a first time mom. DD is 18 months and her blonde locks are getting long. Frankly she is starting to look like a sheep dog. She won't let me do it, no clips, ponies NOTHING! I managed to get a pony in this morning and you would have thought I murdered a nun. She screamed until I took it out. I have thought about getting her bangs cut but I am afraid she will scream in the beauty shop.Any ideas on how I get her to let me do her hair? I would love to see her pretty eyes.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I don't know, my girls weren't like that, here's a bump.

PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM

My girls are 10 years old and still don't like anything in their hair. Good luck!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:03 PM
I sit my daughter down with a book when I want to fix her hair. She "reads" and I make piggy tails.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:03 PM
My 2 year old loves having her hair done. Here's bump for you.
seddon151
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Sometimes I am so glad I have 2 boys! I have very curly hair, and I always wore it up as a kid and still do!

aj_mom
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Try doing it while she is asleep. Or like another poster suggested give her something to look at while you are doing her hair.

Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I give dd a book or let her pick out what she wants to watch while I do her hair. Her hair is to her butt and extremely curly so it takes a while.
Starlit_Eyes
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM

my DD has her days that she'll scream like a banshee that tripped over a stick and feel into a woodchipper - thankfully those are VERY few and VERY far inbwtween lol!! When she's in one of her moods i let her play on my laptop or kindle either games or favorite tv shows anything to keep her distracted and make it as quick as possible. Does it get real tangled? If so try "Knot on My Watch" by Aunt Jackies it works miracles on my 2!

Shadesgirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Hmmm I have tried giving her a book not so much. I will have to try while she is watching sesame street or sleeping. Thx!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Mine's 7 now and she still don't like things in her hair:-/. Sometimes I make her esp for picture day at school and she grumbles but gets over it fast.  My only advice is to distract her by letting her watch tv or something when you do her hair until she gets used to it.  That's what I do when I cut my sons hair (he's 4).  I'm not sure how she'll react about getting her hair cut.  You can always try and leave if she screams. I cut my daughters bangs but we go to a salon to get her hair cut so maybe try to do it yourself. Good luck!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)