Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Meet the Teacher? Apparently not for working moms!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 524 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm so annoyed with my son's school right now.

I work full time M-F 9-5.

They scheduled "Meet the Teacher" for next friday, from 2pm-4pm.

WTH?

Now I either have to take off early, or miss meeting the teacher before the first day of school.

Why couldn't they have scheduled it after 5pm so everyone could attend? Do no other parents work?

Ugh. This is stupid.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jandj4
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM
56 moms liked this
What about the parents who work 3-11. If they scheduled it at 5 they would miss out. Someone will always miss out on school things or have to take off and leave early.
chattycassie
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I agree that is stupid. I work until 6 PM and will miss open house tonight. (we already did meet the teacher)

furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:10 PM

I agree that was bad timing. I am blessed with a job that is flexible enough I could take off for whatever I wanted so it wouldn't bother me too much though.

KeepOnTryin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully you can get some time off for it. Sorry mama!
eztwins
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Schedule your own it will probably be more productive anyway. Meet the teacher here are a waste of time. It's the same thing every year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this

What about night working parents? Should they miss out? Yea it sucks but aomeone will miss out always. 

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM
It is not common for mother's of school-aged children in my town to work. I had to use pto every time there was an event when my oldest was in school and it sucked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM

They do this at our school.  They schedule all meet the teacher and conferences during school hours.  There are never any times for those of us who work and we then look bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this
And some people work nights. Our meet and greet is from 2:45-3:30. At least you have a 2 hour window. It's either important enough to take off or it isn't. I always take off the first day of school and open house. Luckily the meet and greet works into my schedule but I would take off if necessary.
TheCupcakeMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah they do this every year and never even give 2 weeks notice so we can take the day off! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)