Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Allowing a visit to a crazy relative WWYD?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM
  • 24 Replies

going crazyOh YaY more fucking insanity in my life! So here's a little backstory....

Back in 2009 I was living at my grandmothers house with her and my mother while I was going through my divorce. In September of that year (on my Bday actually) my cousin almost raped me. My grandmother was the first person I told and she wanted me to keep my mouth shut about it. I didn't...I told my mother and I did end up filing charges against him after moving out of her house. A major shit storm followed with her coming to my apartment and threatening me with a CPS investigation to jeapardize getting custody of my son. I didn't talk to her for well over a year, and I went to her house with the hopes that we could repair our relationship. That didn't happen, she got in my face and called me a fucking liar and that nothing would ever be right until I admitted I made it all up. At that point I got up to leave and told her "You are just a confused old woman" and walked out of her house with her screaming at the top of her lungs what a lying little bitch I was. I haven't even spoken to her since that day. My mother has barely spoken to her either until recently that is because the crazy bitch ran up her own credit card bill without ever looking at a statement and was accusing my mother of a bunch of ridiculous shit. So the old woman is totally off her rocker. She is also loud (she is deaf as a post), she doesn't bathe enough so she stinks to high heaven, she smokes cancer sticks, oh can't you tell... she is such a delight!  NOT...

Now I think being diagnosed with kidney cancer & facing major surgery has made my mother cast aside all the crazy because she wants to go for a visit. She said she does not expect me to go to the house of crazy BUT she would like to take my son to see the crazy old bitch. I know my moms heart is in the right place but I do not feel comfortable with my kid being around her. Yes I know she is OLD and she might very well have Alzheimers BUT that does NOT give her carte blanche to treat her family like dog shit. Part of me doesn't give a fuck if that old bitch ever lays eyes on her great grandson again. Another part of me wants to just bite the bullet and go overthere with her and allow a "reunion" of sorts.  I did tell my mom that IF I agreed to it, I would be doing it for HER and not anyone else. I just don't know what to do here.

So I am asking WWYD?

I refuse to conform, I refuse to take crap from others, I am a sassy, smart, honest, fabulous and sexy Texas Mama.

Save The Planet- Go Green!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BekahBrownEyes
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

BUMP!

NipplePirate
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Lol no
Christy_517
by Lurker on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd let my mom take pictures of my kid for the crazy lady but not my child. That would not happen.
BekahBrownEyes
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Quoting NipplePirate: Lol no

LOVE your SN....it made me giggle laughing

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Nope. Sorry, but based on what you just said, I would not only have no sympathy, I would also most likely be upset with my mother for asking. That shit would never happen.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:36 PM

as an adult, you had the maturity, experience, and fortitude to deal with her crazy.

your child does not. you would be sending him in there, unarmed, and defenseless, since you're not going, and your mother doesn't want to face reality about this woman, and would fail to protect him from her crazy.

do what you want, but i wouldn't send my kid to that kind of situation. guilt trips don't work on me.

NipplePirate
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM
Thank you and glad I made you laugh :)

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:
Quoting NipplePirate: Lol no

LOVE your SN....it made me giggle laughing

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:40 PM

No I would not let my child go. I am sorry you have to deal with this.

BekahBrownEyes
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Quoting AngryBob:

as an adult, you had the maturity, experience, and fortitude to deal with her crazy.

your child does not. you would be sending him in there, unarmed, and defenseless, since you're not going, and your mother doesn't want to face reality about this woman, and would fail to protect him from her crazy.

do what you want, but i wouldn't send my kid to that kind of situation. guilt trips don't work on me.

I am actually thinking about going along as well, because I wouldn't want him in there with just my mom as a buffer. I would do anything for my mom BUT IDK you know? The old woman is just SO unstable, you never know what she will say or do. I just feel like if I don't allow it I am being rude or unfair. If that makes any sense...

Famousglm714
by Gina on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM

Quoting scarletmeshell:

No I would not let my child go. I am sorry you have to deal with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)