Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, I was rude. Yes, you can speak to the manager!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Today at work this lady comes in and is buying 10 large packages of chicken breast (they are about 10.00 each) and about 8 dozen eggs.

The chicken she picked was not the one on sale for BYGO free, I explained this to her and she started yelling at me. I sent a bagger for a price check (even though I knew I was right) they come back and tell me, that no that chicken in NOT BOGO. Then the store brand eggs were on sale for .99 a dozen, she picked up the brown free range eggs and said the manager said she could have them for .99. These eggs are 4.29 a dozen, so I called the manager and he said NO that she can't get the free range eggs at .99. That he told her she could have the X-large eggs at .99 since we were out of the large.

I can tell she is pisses but she decided to buy everything. Her total is like 140.00. She starts digging in her purse when her phone rings. She picks it up starts talking really loudly to whoever is on the phone. She turns around and continues to talk, I let this go on for about a minute . I tell her

"Mam, I need you to pay for your groceries. So I can keep the line moving" (we were really busy and even with the 4 lanes open we had 5 people in each line)

She doesn't even turn around to acknowledge me (and no it was not an important phone call unless, planning this weekends dinner pary is a emergency). I give her about another minute then I suspend the order and start on the next customer. 2 customers later she turns around still on the phone and then proceeds to bitch how I was being rude and she still has not paid for her food and that I BETTER ring her up next. I tell her that if she wants to pay she will need to wait in the back of the line. She demands a manager. I get her. She tells her I was rude and she was just trying to get her money when I decided not to sell her her any thing at the right price and that I skipped over her and went on the next person then starts taling to whoever is on the phone again ignoring the manager who is trying to talk to her. (the manager by the way witnessed the whole encounter)

the Manager finally just asked her to leave the store, as she was causing a scene

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
drowningmama
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I bet she was going to pay with food stamps.

I kid, I kid!

Seriously though, she was completely in the wrong.
HAHuskey
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Oh wow.
Vesta20
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM
I would've done the same thing. It's totally awesome that your manager had your back in that situation.
Shadesgirl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Wow people can be a-holes!
HIJKLM
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Some people really suck
Krysta784
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah....I couldn't do retail...I'd get fired in the first ten minutes! Lol!
Christy_517
by Lurker on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Crazy! LOL
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM

People are so rude. I honestly ignored the customers talking on the phone. When they finished their conversation I would help them. A couple of them tried to complain about skipping them over but I just smiled and acted really innocent and said I just didn't want to interrupt such an important call. 

Joelskatysmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Don't you just love working retail?!! I don't miss it for this same reason!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)