Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No I will not switch shift with him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I work as a maintenance at Wal-mart full time and I work usually around 6am-3pm or 7am-4pm, both of my daughters goes to school and my 6 year old daughter goes to afterschool care she gets off at 2:30pm and my 14 year old daughter gets off of school at 4pm and I trust her enough to stay home by herself. I don't work on Sundays because of religious activities and the family attends church on Sundays and the store manager and personnel knows that. My husband works at the hospital and he don't come home much. There's 2 other maintenances and one of the maintenace who is a 19 year old boy asked if he wanted to swtich shifts with one of us because he wanted to go out with his girlfreind on their 4 year anniversary of being together and he chosen Sunday and I would not switch shift with him just because of going out with his girlfriend and I have religious activities to do on Sundays. Well he can ask that man to switch shifts with him because I'm not doing it no way. I worked at Wal-mart for 16 years now and I never worked on a Sunday and I do not want to swtich shift with someone else. Not the first time it happened, he wanted to switch shift with me one time and he wanted to work 7am-4pm and see if I can work 1-10pm so he can attend a party and I'm not working 2nd shift because I have 2 daughters and my teenage daughter can't drive yet and I pick up my younger daughter and my teenage daughter can stay home by herself if I'm not here and my husband works around 90 hours a week or more and I saw him got pissed off. He can get over it because I'm not, again he can ask that man if he wanted to switch shift but I don't think that man would.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM

oh.

okay.

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:08 PM
It's one day. I would switch and let him have a good night. You're being selfish in my opinion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:09 PM
I don't get it.

Are you upset that he even asked you? You have the option to say no, right?

Why are you upset?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Punctuation is your friend. And relax, no one said you had to switch shifts, he just asked if you would. No one is trying to inturrupt your religious activities.
EponineVader
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM

So say no and be done with it. I  work nights, but on holidays I get a day shift since I have been there 10 years and want to spend the holiday with my kids.

People get annoyed since I normally work nights. They ask to trade, I say no.

I don't work Sun either, People ask to trade I say no.

It's that simple nothing to be annoyed at. If you can't or don't want to that's fine, but why be so annoyed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
It's Pennsatucky!! OMG! I love seeing you on OITNB!
stormborn
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM

Get over it and stop being a shitty co-worker, it's one day. God will forgive you.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:28 PM

cool story bro

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:29 PM

Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)