Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschool type question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Okay.  I don't homeschool.  My daughter goes to private school.  She will stay there this year and next.  But then she will transfer to a public school when we build our home. 

The issue is that she will need Texas History and her school doesn't offer it.  Anyway for me to get this in an online curriculum?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:44 PM

bump

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:46 PM

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Quoting Hanab818:

How old is she?

AZHOTMOM
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Have you contact the district where she will go and see if they will let her take the course with them, since they are the ones requiring it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM

She can't do anything with them until we live there.  The public school she is zoned for now is crap and the reason she is in private

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Have you contact the district where she will go and see if they will let her take the course with them, since they are the ones requiring it?

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM

ok. Well for that age i would talk to the school and see if she can take the class the year she gets there. I would also check into the homeschooling laws in your state. And find out from the new school what to do if shes not allowed to take the course the year she starts there. Or if you can get her to get a private tutor for that course the year before. Also talk to her current school and see if you can swap out one of her classes for a private tutor for the course she needs. 

uoting Anonymous:

Quoting Hanab818:

How old is she?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)