Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need your advice

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:38 PM
  • 8 Replies
Long story short, my 9 month old has had allergic reactions to every fruit she's tried as well as regular formula and nutramigen. Recently she developed an allergy to soy and had to be switched to alimentum. Today is her 3rd day on it and I really haven't been able to get her to take any. I've also been trying to get her to take pedialyte but she doesn't want it. I don't know what to do. I've called the pediatrician and she says to just keep trying but I think the baby is starting to get dehydrated.

The doctor thinks my baby may have disaccharide malabsorbtion which basically means that she can't absorb certain sugars and proteins which is why she has reactions to everything.

I just don't know how to get her to take the formula. She has an appt with the allergy/immunology dr but that's not until November.

Please give me some advice. I don't want her to get sick :-(
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM

idk but here is a bump! But if you think she is dehydrated call the dr back or take her to urgent care. 

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Aw man, I have no idea. :( bump.
mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Bump
JackAttacks
by Angel on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:52 AM

no clue. i know this sounds crazy to some but have you considered using donor breast milk?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM

Monitor for the next few hours/days her wet diapers and that will help tell is shes dehydrated and if she is take her to the er.

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM
The very first allergic reaction she had was to my breast milk. I cut so many things out of my diet, everything the doctor suggested but it didn't help. I'm not against using donor milk but I don't think it would be easy to find a donor who is able to restrict their diet so much. We're also not sure of all of the restrictions that would actually need to be made.

Quoting JackAttacks:

no clue. i know this sounds crazy to some but have you considered using donor breast milk?

JackAttacks
by Angel on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I'm sorry mama that's all I got. Maybe try to find another allergist to see her sooner

Quoting mom2many747: The very first allergic reaction she had was to my breast milk. I cut so many things out of my diet, everything the doctor suggested but it didn't help. I'm not against using donor milk but I don't think it would be easy to find a donor who is able to restrict their diet so much. We're also not sure of all of the restrictions that would actually need to be made.

Quoting JackAttacks:

sam12796
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:16 PM
I'm not sure hope someone had some advice for you
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)