Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for opinions on Dinosaur Party

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • 21 Replies

My son is having a Dinosaur themed party on Saturday in our back yard. It's also going to be a "get wet" party. We have a large kiddie pool that will be filled, I'm buying a slip and slide. We have water guns and there will be stacks of water balloons throughout the yard. It will be between 6-8 kids ranging in age from 3-6 years old. 

I bought these two, giant, cardboard, dino, cutouts for the party. Originally my idea was to have them in the yard for the kids to shoot with squirt guns and throw water balloons at. The bottom of the pool was going to have a bunch on little dinos and they would be on the slip and slide too. 

DH thinks it's a waste. He thinks we should have them away from the water so they don't get ruined. I bought them for the party, but I can understand that my son may want them in his room afterwards. IDK, seems silly to be trying to protect them.

Would you allow them to get wet and ruined, or would you be more concerned for their use after the party.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM

how much did they cost?

momofhnd
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Use them then throw them away.
AvantGardener
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:51 PM

$40 bucks a piece

Quoting Anonymous:

how much did they cost?

AvantGardener
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM

That's what I think. I mean I didn't buy them as decoration for his room. It seems shitty to suddenly not use them for what I intended them for.

Quoting momofhnd: Use them then throw them away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Well, if your son wants to keep them, maybe cover them in plastic?
momofhnd
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Oh wait.. if I spent 40.00 a piece HELL NO I wouldn't want them to be ruined. Maybe just take them out for decorations.

Quoting AvantGardener:

That's what I think. I mean I didn't buy them as decoration for his room. It seems shitty to suddenly not use them for what I intended them for.

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Could you turn it into a pin the tail on the Dino type of game or something else? It might be less likely to get ruined that way.
AvantGardener
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:54 PM

It's not more than I would normally spend on party decorations though. I've never tried to save those. It's just that it's two things instead of a bunch of things.

Quoting momofhnd: Oh wait.. if I spent 40.00 a piece HELL NO I wouldn't want them to be ruined. Maybe just take them out for decorations.
Quoting AvantGardener:

-42-
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Let them go on a 'dino hunt' with Nerf guns or silly string.
Thunderbug75
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Put them in the front yard so can greet the guests.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)