Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what you are all missing when you "Can't deal with a SN child.."

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 28 Replies

http://timsplaceabq.com/

Welcome to Tim's Place!

The world's friendliest restaurant is now open for breakfast, lunch and hugs!

Hours: Open 7 days a week from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Purchase Tim's Place Gear Here!

Looking for t-shirts, hats and other products? Click here to visit the official Tim's Place Store!

Read the most recent article about Tim!

The Opening Staff of Tim's Place

We welcome you to Tim's Place.

Tim has served up over 40,000 Hugs!!! Oh Yeah!!!

Tim;s Place Hugs

What is Tim's Place?

Tim's Place is a unique full service restaurant in Albuquerque, New Mexico serving breakfast and lunch. Our slogan captures exactly who we are and what you can expect when you visit us!

Tim's Place: World's Friendliest Restaurant

Breakfast, Lunch, and Hugs
The key to our concept is the customer service experience. We
believe that people have a huge appetite for being genuinely welcomed, connected with, touched, appreciated, and genuinely cared for. We believe too many experiences in our busy modern lives are impersonal, sterile, and devoid of genuine human connection. You won't find that at Tim's Place.

The management and staff of Tim's Place work as "team members". When you visit Tim's Place we're sure you will have a positive, unforgettable experience.

Who is Tim?

Tim Harris serves as the inspiration for our unique restaurant concept. You can learn more about Tim by visiting our "About Tim" section.

We hope to see you at Tim's Place this week!!!

You can now enjoy your breakfast or lunch at Tim's Place outside on the front Patio!!

Tim was featured on AOL.com's video series You've Got.

Tim Harris and his father Keith were featured as the Father's Day story in the On The Road with Steve Hartman segment of the CBS Evening News.

Here is a photo of Tim with Steve Hartman and Les Rose from CBS.

Tim Harris with Steve Hartman and Les Rose of CBS

Tim Harris and Tim's Place appeared in the May 21 2012 issue of People Magazine

Tim Harris and Tim's Place in People Magazine

Tim Harris and Tim's Place in People Magazine

We've been in the News!

KRQE New Mexico Works, January 14, 2012
This story way also picked up and carried by CNN Headline News Network

Which resulted in Tim getting the attention of People Magazine. Tim has been interviewed for an article in the magazine and a People Magazine Photographer was at Tim's Place on Wednesday morning, March 21st. We want to thank everyone that came out early to Tim's Place to support Tim and show People Magazine how much we love him and Tim's Place. If you haven't come by yet, we hope to see you soon! We will keep you posted as to when the article will come out in the magazine.

We were featured on the KOAT Evening News, October 12th. Watch the video.

We are featured in the February edition of Albuquerque The Magazine. View Article

What is a Tim Hug? Calorie Free, Guilt Free. Sweet, but not too sweet. Guaranteed to improve your lease on life! Ask your server.

Everybody needs a Tim hug.

Everybody needs a Tim hug.

| 8050 Academy Rd. NE|Albuquerque, NM 87111|505.856.1005|SEO Love & Happiness by Simply Design

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great, but your post title is very misleading. Visiting a restaurant with capable special needs adults isn't really comparable to raising a special needs child to adulthood.
sweet.daydream
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Bump
DyerMaker
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Watching my SN son sleep. :)

NipplePirate
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:11 PM
That's great and all but I still couldn't and wouldn't be able to handle a sn child.
TommyAbby
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:11 PM

I agree. 

As a mom with two with DS, I get it. Some people REALLY aren't up to raising a child with SN. You can't hold that against someone. 

Quoting rfhsure: That's great, but your post title is very misleading. Visiting a restaurant with capable special needs adults isn't really comparable to raising a special needs child to adulthood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM

I know people who are NOT special needs and they can't hold down a full time job, let alone run their own restaurant.

DyerMaker
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Watching my boys interact. One SN, one not. They ARE best buddies.

okpondlady
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Sorry didn't mean the font to be SO BIG..holy crap batman!!!  DyerMaker mine is taking a nap too :)

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I admire you for it. I admire anyone who does it. When people say that they're not saying that special needs people can't be a joy or that they should always be avoided. Simply that raising children with special needs, especially low functioning is a challenge that many of us can't handle. I only have one healthy toddler and he's a handful. I cannot imagine some of the struggles you must go through on a day to day basis.

Quoting TommyAbby:

I agree. 

As a mom with two with DS, I get it. Some people REALLY aren't up to raising a child with SN. You can't hold that against someone. 

Quoting rfhsure: That's great, but your post title is very misleading. Visiting a restaurant with capable special needs adults isn't really comparable to raising a special needs child to adulthood.

elkmomma
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM

WOW now here's a positive reason to cry.  If I ever get near there again, we're stopping and eating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)