Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog in heat! Ick blood. Help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
A few weeks ago we found a stray dog. She has yet to be claimed and it seems she went into heat in the last few days.

We've always had dogs... Males and neutered. So, this is new to me.

I noticed blood this morning on our floors then realized it came from her. I looked it up online and it said she would bleed for THREE WEEKS?!!! Is this true???

How do you keep your house sanitary if you have a female dog bleeding all over?!?

Our male dogs aren't an issue. Besides being neutered one is elderly and is on his last days. :( And our other little guy is a touchy rescue dog who has ZERO interest in her. He lays by and guides his elderly blind and deaf buddy all day.

On another note, she's a really great dog. Sweet girl.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM
I do remember when I was a kid, my BFF had a female dog. They never had her spayed. They had a very clean house and the dog had to stay in a special room during her time of heat, except for walks and when they had time to hold her on a towel during tv and movies.

I don't really like the idea of locking her up. She's a Spitz and it wouldn't go over well. She's hyper and needs to play and run. Maybe she can stay outside during the day (we have an acre fenced in) and I'll drag out our old kennel for night. :/
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Ok it is not that bad. Get boys tity whities and a small pad and put them on the dog when she is in the house.
mommasnail
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:21 PM

They make dog diapers, you could give those a shot.

katarina666
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

They make doggie diapers and period pads for this reason.

AZHOTMOM
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Go to the local petsmart or any petshop, they have doggie stuff for that time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Get her spayed as soon as possible.Until then,doggie diapers will help keep your house clean.

kajira
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Get her fixed. You can put a depends on her when she's in the house.

My mastiff is in heat right now, I just wipe up my floors after she sits down or put a diaper on her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM

More like drips for three weeks. Get some dog diapers.

Foolynroo2
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Every dog is like every human - she cal bleed UP TO 3 weeks.

I have a fixed female, she did enter a cycle before she was spayed - she wore a diaper.

greenlove2013
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:03 PM
In heat for 3 weeks? If it's the first time, orherwise it's for a week like my dog
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)