Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will not eat that!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: When your 6 year old or so refuses to eat dinner and claims they don't like it do you:

Options:

Say fine, but you're not eating anything else, if they get hungry they have their dinner.

Not let them get down from the table until they eat it.

Make them something else.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:24 PM
We come up with a compromise. I won't make them eat something I know they hate, so I will give them more of something else.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM

None of the above. I say they can eat fruit and veggies.

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM
If they truly don't like something (and I can tell the difference) I will make them something else. If they are just being difficult, they can either eat what we're eating or not. Fortunately, my kids have always been good eaters and they like pretty much everything I make.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:25 PM
My 6 year old has decided to like nothing so I give her dinner and she figures it out. I am not mean about it but I don't cook Anything else. She seems to make it work
choaspartyof4
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM

Same here with my 4 year old

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: My 6 year old has decided to like nothing so I give her dinner and she figures it out. I am not mean about it but I don't cook Anything else. She seems to make it work

disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM
You need another option. My kids have always been free to make something else for themselves; I don't make a separate meal.
elkmomma
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:28 PM

DS is free to go to bed hungry any time he doesn't like what's for dinner.

mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM
It depends entirely on the dinner. Sometimes I make something new that I'm not sure they will like, but I encourage them to try it and have a backup dinner in mind if they don't. If it's a dinner I know they have liked in the past, then they eat or go without dinner.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I chose the first option - but in actuality, dinner was over for them.  Their food was thrown out, and they went to bed hungry.  Nothing til the next meal.  They learned quickly, and I started it way before they were 6.

Tuned.Out
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:30 PM

At 6 if mine did not like what was served for dinner, he could get himself something else to eat. I wouldn't make it for him, but he was free to make himself a sandwich/get a bowl of cereal/etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)