Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I told you....we both told you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
For the last month iv asked my bil and his gf if they have thing set up for their baby, every time they say no....well gfs water broke and they have absolutely nothing, no crib, no diapers, not even a pack and play.....told them they should set it up but gf knows everything.....I have half the mind to say "told you so" to bil but I won't which is why I'm here.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Why do you care?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM
I tried to do this with a couple friend of mine. They didn't make hardly any money but i kept telling them they needed to buy at least 1 pack of diapers per paycheck and get ready for him by going to garage sale or whatever they had to do...well a month before he was born they asked me and hubby to adopt the baby which put me scrambling to find everything i needed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Because they are whining to us about not having anything

Quoting hismommy2010: Why do you care?
.PinkHart.
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
None of that is absolutely vital to have prior to birth.
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:30 PM
So you claim shes a know it all. Yet your post makes you seem that way. Let them complain. Who cares? Not your place to do shit.

Quoting Anonymous: Because they are whining to us about not having anything

Quoting hismommy2010: Why do you care?
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:31 PM
My husband did that with our second daughter lol. He didn't expect my water to break at 32 weeks
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:34 PM

We had nothing when my first was born. He was a month early, so we hadn't gotten around to it yet. But we didn't whine about it, we just bought what we needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM
That's crazy. I understand waiting some. I didn't start getting stuff till I was a good 25 weeks with my kids. I waited till I at least found out gender at 20 weeks. But I was pretty much done by 35 weeks and was packing my bags and getting everything set up and ready to go. I can't imagine not having anything by delivery.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Well then I guess they will have to go shopping.  Oh well.  If I were you, I'd go out of town for a week or so.

exhaustedmother
by Amy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I agree they should have been a little bit prepared. We didn't rush out and get everything ready when I first found out I was pregnant however by 30 weeks everything we needed was there and set up, crib, changing table, swing, car seat, diapers, wipes, clothes ect....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN