Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I left him.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
And I think it was the best thing to do. This might seem like some teen drama to some ladies but this is my life and reality. I got pregnant at 16 by my now ex who was 20 at the time. We were both living at our parents house at the time. When my mom found out i was pregnant i got kicked out and ended up in a shelter. My ex was still living at his dads while i was in a women shelter. I hated it there. The ladies were abusive and i didnt feel safe.
I had told him this a million times and he told me we would move in together. We looked for appartments together and then eventually he told me it was better to wait until summer to move instead of winter time. Summer comes and my daughter is born when i turned 17 and he shows no interest in looking for appartments so i found my own appartment and moved away from the shelter to an apartment with my dd. Its been a year since im living in this appartment and he is still living at his dads. I stay at home and do school online. I am on welfare for the moment which isnt much to live on but its until i finish school and find work. He works. Since we dont live together, he used to spend almost everyday at our place to see us. He would eat here all the time. Im the one who did grocery shopping and pays my rent and bills. Obviously after everything is paid theres not much left. He never wanted to put a dime in for food even though he ate here daily and would eat almost half the food. He would always ask me for gas money and money in general even though he knew i had nothing. He works and stays at his dads, its not like he has bills to pay. I hated that crap. I plan on moving next year since i will probally be working and ready to start life but he never seems interested in talking about it. He never does family activities with us. Its like we were never a family. Im done of waiting, im done of bullshit and getting used. Im just sick of having all the responsibility while he enjoys being at daddys house. This is plain old bullshit. Im so exhausted and hate how whenever he wants a break he just goes to his dads when im stuck here. Im done and thats not what i want for a family. All i wanted was for us to be together but i guess thats just to much to ask. I told him when he was ready to grow up, leave his dads house and have a family, that he could start over with somebody else. Btw were now 19 and 23 so this goes on for 2years. this is a vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Bump
kateshac
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Good for you. It sounds like he has used you from the start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meowsrus
by MamaKitty on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Good for you for not waiting half your life to stand up to him. It will be hard, but somewhere out there is your Mr Right. Hugs
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:00 PM
It is better to end things now before you end up pregnant by him again.He sounds like he needs to grow up alot.I know it is hard but maybe in the future you will find someone else that will treat you the way you should be treated.Hugs to you and don't stop trying for something better.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)