Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Colors that match blue and yellow?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM
  • 20 Replies

We are going to a party in a couple of weeks and the purpose of the party is to raise funding for elephant conservation. A month ago my daughter and I went to a mother daughter tea party with the color scheme of blue and yellow, so we wore cordinating blue and yellow clothing and they happened to have elephants on them. Rather than buying new outfits, we decided to rewear what we wore to the tea party and to just get my husband, our two boys, and our houseguest, a 14 year old girl who we have temporary guardianship of, clothing that related to elephants. We didn't want to all wear the blue and yellow, as it would be a bit hard on the eyes since they are strong colors, so we decided that the girls would wear those colors and the boys would wear a different two colors. We want the colors to compliment each other though, so I'm asking if anyone has ideas of colors that work well with blue and yellow. Here are the outfits that we already have, for my daughter and I, so you can see the shade of blue and yellow. No, I'm not going to go dig them out and take pictures, thats too much work, so you'll have to settle for stock photos.

I am looking mainly just for color suggestions, but if anyone knows of semi-formal clothing that would match for my husband, a 14 year old girl, a seven year old boy, and a ten month old boy, feel free to post.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Why do y'all have to coordinate?  Is that a requirement for the party?

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM

No, but since my daughter and I already have cordinating elephant clothes, we thought it would be a fun thing to do as a family. It would also look a bit odd if my daughter and I matched and no one else did.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Why do y'all have to coordinate?  Is that a requirement for the party?

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I'm not sure, maybe check the place where you got the first two outfits? I know stores tend to carry lines that typically go together. Sorry not much help.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:58 PM

How about the guys wear t-shirts with elephants on them?

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I got my outfit from a few different places, most of them don't have a children's line. My daughters dress was a gift so I'm not sure where it was from. I'm more of just asking about colors that you think would work well with those colors.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: I'm not sure, maybe check the place where you got the first two outfits? I know stores tend to carry lines that typically go together. Sorry not much help.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Its not really a tshirts kind of party, its a little formal. I'm more of just asking for color suggestions that you think go well with these colors, I can work out the elephants and specific clothing from there.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

How about the guys wear t-shirts with elephants on them?

OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Oh. I'm not really sure what other colors I would put with those. They are kind of pastelish, I would be afraid of looking too Easter with more :/

Quoting lenashark:

I got my outfit from a few different places, most of them don't have a children's line. My daughters dress was a gift so I'm not sure where it was from. I'm more of just asking about colors that you think would work well with those colors.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: I'm not sure, maybe check the place where you got the first two outfits? I know stores tend to carry lines that typically go together. Sorry not much help.

rfhsure
by beast mode on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Gray and white
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I would have them wear grey and blue, or grey and yellow. Grey being the primary color with accents of either blue or yellow

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:05 PM

It would be the boys wearing the different colors, we're not adding any more colors to the girls outfits.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: Oh. I'm not really sure what other colors I would put with those. They are kind of pastelish, I would be afraid of looking too Easter with more :/
Quoting lenashark:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)