Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Colors that match blue and yellow?

Posted by   + Show Post

We are going to a party in a couple of weeks and the purpose of the party is to raise funding for elephant conservation. A month ago my daughter and I went to a mother daughter tea party with the color scheme of blue and yellow, so we wore cordinating blue and yellow clothing and they happened to have elephants on them. Rather than buying new outfits, we decided to rewear what we wore to the tea party and to just get my husband, our two boys, and our houseguest, a 14 year old girl who we have temporary guardianship of, clothing that related to elephants. We didn't want to all wear the blue and yellow, as it would be a bit hard on the eyes since they are strong colors, so we decided that the girls would wear those colors and the boys would wear a different two colors. We want the colors to compliment each other though, so I'm asking if anyone has ideas of colors that work well with blue and yellow. Here are the outfits that we already have, for my daughter and I, so you can see the shade of blue and yellow. No, I'm not going to go dig them out and take pictures, thats too much work, so you'll have to settle for stock photos.

I am looking mainly just for color suggestions, but if anyone knows of semi-formal clothing that would match for my husband, a 14 year old girl, a seven year old boy, and a ten month old boy, feel free to post.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Yeah I got that, but you would still all be showing up together lol sorry I don't have the answer you're looking for, like I said, not much help

Quoting lenashark:

It would be the boys wearing the different colors, we're not adding any more colors to the girls outfits.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: Oh. I'm not really sure what other colors I would put with those. They are kind of pastelish, I would be afraid of looking too Easter with more :/

Quoting lenashark:

I got my outfit from a few different places, most of them don't have a children's line. My daughters dress was a gift so I'm not sure where it was from. I'm more of just asking about colors that you think would work well with those colors.

Quoting OxbAbIebxO: I'm not sure, maybe check the place where you got the first two outfits? I know stores tend to carry lines that typically go together. Sorry not much help.

ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Navy with a deeper or lighter shade of yellow.  Or beige/tan with navy or deep red (red, blue and yellow are often used together, but they need to be very different shades or they'll look like a children's playground color scheme).

RobinBright
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Gray and navy with a yellow accent?  

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:09 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:13 AM
Navy blue, grey, deep red, purple, or really most pastel colors too.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:39 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:41 PM

blue and yellow don't even go together.

lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Those shades are actually very commonly paired, they compliment each other. It was very common in European fashion for a long time in the early 1900s and remains popular in interior design.

Quoting Anonymous:

blue and yellow don't even go together.

TheCupcakeMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:44 PM

orange and gray

supergasper
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:45 PM

I think gray with a pastel colored shirt would look nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN