Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

best flea medication?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

i have a 13 pound shihtzu/shaunzer mix and a normal weight 2 yr old cat. I want to get a mutli month flea medication that will work welll for both of them. any suggestions?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Revolution was always effective
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:08 PM

BUMP!

Mandy575
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Confortis

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I got advantage from our vet. It was effective.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:20 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:22 PM
We used to use frontline, and were so happy with it, even though it was expensive. Now it doesn't seem to work anymore. Maybe fleas are becoming immune to the chemicals?

We use advantage now. It doesn't seem to last quite the whole month whereas the frontline I could usually squeeze almost 2 months out of.
rmfanfgljf
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:24 PM
I got a pill from our vet........she had a bad reaction to the medication you put on her coat, and I tried different shampoo, and washes, sprays and nothing worked. For two days I gave her a bath and put dawn dish soap on her and let the soap dry with her while taking a flea comb to her, the first day I got probably 50 fleas, the next day probably 20.......and a day later she still had a ton of fleas so we tried the pill....less then a week later she had no fleas.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Comfortis is a monthly tablet. I like oral meds better and it would probably work if you medicate the dog and it would work for the cat too. Fleas die after they bit the protected animal, so it essentially kills the cycle.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser SΓΆze on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I use Comfortis for my dogs and Revolution for my cats. If your cat weighs 12 lbs or less the same box of Comfortis will work for both of your pets. It's hard to get my cats to take pills so that's why they get Revolution instead.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:31 PM
We use revolution for our cats. It worked when nothing else did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)