Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I taught him how and they like him better!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 24 Replies
I'm teaching my DF as I type this how to make homemade chicken Alfredo pizza. I've been teaching him how to cook since we've been together. (3 1/2 yrs). When I met DF he didn't know how to cook and was afraid of it. He only ate fast food or shit from a box.

I was raised by my Dad who is a chef. So I've never known box food. It's made me a bit of a food snob.

The other night we were all at a BBQ and my kids carried on about how much better my DF'S cooking is. I tried not to be butt hurt, but it pissed me off. Lol Stupid I know, but all the recipes he knows are mine! I'll get over it, but I tease my DF that I'll never make dinner again because he's clearly the better cook.

Did your DH know how to cook when you met him?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitty_Myrick
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:17 PM

bump

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM

That's cute. My husband is a great cook, but he won't do it. 

Ask me how you can be of at least average intelligence!

mysticatgal
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:27 PM
That's a bit crazy. I taught dh how to cook down to scrambling eggs. He ate frozen pizza and other instant crap
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Yes my husband is a great cook. He learned from his mom. I'm not too shabby either lol
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM
My boyfriend and i have been living together for over 4 years, been together 9 and i have only see the man cook twice lol and it was the same thing each time. He says he can't cook but im willing to bet he just doesn't like/want to lol
rebeccarae
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM

He didn't know a lot, but I taught him the rest.

dizzy91
by Kelly on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM

No, but neither did I. I was raised on fast food and boxed stuff. My fiance was raised on his mom's cooking from scratch. 

As soon as I moved in, though, he learned to cook real quick. He actually found he has a passion for it.

maryjean427
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM
He could probably make simple things. Scrambled eggs, nuke food. No, I do the cooking. He does dishes. He can grill though. Kinda. ;)
MaryJarrett
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM
No, he doesn't cook. I do though. I love to, and I won't be sharing my secrets. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)