Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant?? or maybe not....idk, advice needed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

So I had my last period 6 weeks ago and am still waiting for this months, over 2 weeks late....I had a baby 6 months ago and am still breast feeding, my periods had been regular up to this one. My husband had a vasectomy in April, he took a sample in while I was still on my last period and they said he had 0 to 2 viable sperm, so I figured we were pretty safe...I tested 2 days ago with  different test and all are negative and I dont feel pregnant...Im just wondering if anyone else had their cycles get messed up later on in breastfeeding?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM

popcorn

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Didn't the dr advise to use a condom for 6 months?  I don't know about the cycles I haven't had one in 7 years since before I was pregnant. But here is a bump!

Krysta784
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I didn't even get a period until ds was 7 months old due to breastfeeding. It wasn't until he started adding solids to his diet that mine came back.

I do know breastfeeding can make your cycles a tad wonky.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:28 PM

you should post this in ttc. They are much more helpful

o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:29 PM
My schedule was messed up for almost a year after having my daughters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM

6 months? Nope...just until he was cleared, and I honestly thought with a count that low by the time I was off my period he would be good...and I did test negative, thought thats not always accurate either.

Quoting brettsmomma:

Didn't the dr advise to use a condom for 6 months?  I don't know about the cycles I haven't had one in 7 years since before I was pregnant. But here is a bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I know that too, but what was odd was I resumed my period 6 weeks after I had her and they had been a perfect 28 days part, like they usually are...and now its off...i had thought maybe it wouldnt effect me.

Quoting Krysta784: I didn't even get a period until ds was 7 months old due to breastfeeding. It wasn't until he started adding solids to his diet that mine came back. I do know breastfeeding can make your cycles a tad wonky.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:37 PM

I'll do that, thank you!

Quoting tiffluv81:

you should post this in ttc. They are much more helpful

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Where you ever regular? even for a few months?

Quoting o.O....: My schedule was messed up for almost a year after having my daughters.

o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Yeah, I would think it was back on track and then I'd skip one or be early or late.

Quoting Anonymous:

Where you ever regular? even for a few months?

Quoting o.O....: My schedule was messed up for almost a year after having my daughters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)