Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, it's true, I've never...

Posted by   + Show Post

My brother lives in Manhattan and recently bought a new co-op. He invited us to come down and see it and then go spend the day in Central Park.  He said he thought the kids would love it, especially the castle. I told him I was excited because I have never been to Central Park. We grew up just north of the city and I've been to the city many times for concerts, broadway shows, museums, etc. but never made it to Central Park. He was truly surprised that I have made it into my 40's and lived in NY my whole life but had never been to Central Park.

What is something that people are always surprised to find out that you've never done?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Replies (41-50):
Peace.Love.Pink
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM

Maybe, I guess I don't know what there is to do down there. 

Quoting Tootsiegirl44:

Do you plan to go one of these days?

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

I've walked past it. I gave birth at Mt. Sinai, Manhattan.

Tootsiegirl44
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I went to the Empire State building on a class trip many years ago, but  I've only seen the Statue of Liberty while on a cruise ship passing by. Are you in Westchester? That's where I live.

Quoting SadiasMomma: I live north of NYC and I've never been to central park either lol or the statue of liberty or the Empire State building.... I thought it was a tourist thing to do

nelliesmommy
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I've never been on am airplane and I don't plan on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I live in DC, I've never been to the White House, Capitol, National mall,or any other touisty thing in this city.

ali_1107
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Quoting Krysta784: I've never been to New York City....

Lol!
babyblue415
by champagne on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol this

Quoting mandy18192: Iv never slept with a white guy. No one believes me when I say that lol
SadiasMomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:50 PM
I think I took that same ferry to Ellis Island but didn't see the statue of liberty lol I grew up in lower Westchester but I live in the north bronx now (the beautiful section lol). I promised my daughter I'd take her sightseeing in the city before the summer ends... running out of time!! She wants to go to the museum of natural history

Quoting Tootsiegirl44:

I went to the Empire State building on a class trip many years ago, but  I've only seen the Statue of Liberty while on a cruise ship passing by. Are you in Westchester? That's where I live.

Quoting SadiasMomma: I live north of NYC and I've never been to central park either lol or the statue of liberty or the Empire State building.... I thought it was a tourist thing to do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermama322
by Kaylee on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM
I've never met or seen (that I know of) a hispanic person (other than here in cm)
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:56 PM

I was born and raised in Niagara Falls and had never been on The Maid Of The Mist.   It no longer even exists anymore.....the city got a new contract and now the company that takes you for a ride up to the falls is called The Hornblower.......

I made it  a goal to make sure I at least go on that....one day lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:56 PM

Quoting Peace.Love.Pink:

I've walked past it. I gave birth at Mt. Sinai, Manhattan.

Love your avi, it's truly outrageous!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN