Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I guess I'm going to have to talk to my 10 year old about sex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Went to his well visit today and they gave him this

There is quite a lot of details. I know I HAVE to but I don't want to. I'm not ready for this *sniffle*
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I've brought up puberty and relationship talks and stuff....but omg the actual S E X word :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids are going through puberty younger now. Is rather him hear about it from me then be misinformed at school by his friends

Quoting Anonymous:

see how young it starts friggin 10 yrs old. Its ridiculous and when my grandchildren are growing up it will be the norm to be preg at 10.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Had the body changing and sex talk a little over a year ago with my 10 year old. It's not that bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
It will be if you don't talk to them about it. My kids know about sex. They are 7 and 9.

Quoting Anonymous:

see how young it starts friggin 10 yrs old. Its ridiculous and when my grandchildren are growing up it will be the norm to be preg at 10.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this

You should have been talking about this stuff for a while now.  

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously? We got sex ed when I was in 5th grade and I'm 35! This isn't new. And this was the pediatrician. When exactly do you think they should get the talk? On their wedding night?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand why this topic freaks some parents out .
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I'm used to it by now. Ds13 wasnt bashful about asking questions trust me. I did give him a similar book but idk if he ever read it. Much of our stuff was discussed at dinner and usually something a friend said or what he heard from TV. it's awkward at first but it gets easier..
Krysta784
by Dani on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Oh dear. My almost 9 yr old ds and 7 yr old dd have their yearly check ups in the morning. I certainly hope this stuff won't come home with us!!

I mean, we've talked some about sex but not nearly in that detail!
.PinkHart.
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Seriously? 10 is the normal age to begin the puberty/ sex talks. Puberty is beginning at that age for most kids. I had that talk in 1995 and began my period in 1996. I was 11.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)