Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can she be choosing to plan a baby when her life is like that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

This really bothers me. My friend's house is a wreck. An absolute disaster. Not just every now and then but it's always this way. Food dried and stuck in the carpet and between the couch cushions, trash strewn all over the house, dishes piled up to the ceiling, floors always unmopped and unswept. There is so much stuff everywhere that I'm sure she couldn't get a vacuum onto the floor anyway. Broken stuff everywhere. House always stinky. Walls dirty with holes in it. 

She has three kids and the youngest is just potty trained. Her excuses for not taking care of the house is her ADHD. Yet she chose to plan another pregnancy. Ugh. How could she bring a child into this kinda life?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
I got nothing- maybe offer to help since the baby is already coming idk
teenkabear
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I question this mentality all the time.  Especially people that are clearly not financially stable that are planning or TTC.  My best friend of like 20 years was this type--I got rid of her awhile back.  I couldn't even listen to her BS anymore.  It's a blessing they haven't been able to concieve for the possible child that could grow up in such a shitty environment.

She thinks a baby is going to fix her life & add that missing element that is making her unhappy.  Ugh.  I wish people would stop treating babies as objects and remember that they are people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM

We've helped before. People in our church have as well. She won't clean hardly ever. She just ends up letting other people do it.

Quoting hopeful_leslie: I got nothing- maybe offer to help since the baby is already coming idk

hateaway
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds CPS worthy.. Not sure if it is but that's not a stable environment.
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Aww I couldn't live like that. I can't stand a single dish in my sink. I wash as I go.. Hopefully she will come around... Has she been to a dr for the ADHD?

Quoting Anonymous:

We've helped before. People in our church have as well. She won't clean hardly ever. She just ends up letting other people do it.

Quoting hopeful_leslie: I got nothing- maybe offer to help since the baby is already coming idk

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Yeah I just really don't get it. When she told me she was pregnant  all I could think was, "that poor child". She knows it's bad because she won't invite her kids' friends over. She's worried the parents will comment about her house.

Quoting teenkabear:

I question this mentality all the time.  Especially people that are clearly not financially stable that are planning or TTC.  My best friend of like 20 years was this type--I got rid of her awhile back.  I couldn't even listen to her BS anymore.  It's a blessing they haven't been able to concieve for the possible child that could grow up in such a shitty environment.

She thinks a baby is going to fix her life & add that missing element that is making her unhappy.  Ugh.  I wish people would stop treating babies as objects and remember that they are people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Yeah she takes meds for it

Quoting hopeful_leslie: Aww I couldn't live like that. I can't stand a single dish in my sink. I wash as I go.. Hopefully she will come around... Has she been to a dr for the ADHD?
Quoting Anonymous:

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:38 PM
Prayers that she find the strength to get herself together for the sake of her and her children

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah she takes meds for it

Quoting hopeful_leslie: Aww I couldn't live like that. I can't stand a single dish in my sink. I wash as I go.. Hopefully she will come around... Has she been to a dr for the ADHD?

Quoting Anonymous:

the.B.karma
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:36 PM

That is gross and one reason my sister got her kids taken away. Someone should report that shit, maybe she'll literally clean up her life or something. Stupid fucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:38 PM

People have reported her. DCFS in our area sucks and they did nothing.

Quoting the.B.karma:

That is gross and one reason my sister got her kids taken away. Someone should report that shit, maybe she'll literally clean up her life or something. Stupid fucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)