Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so happy, I actually got tears a couple times today. I'm fixing my teeth.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
13 moms liked this

If you have or had ugly teeth you probably know how hard it is to feel confident when you have to hide your smile. I've always taken good care of my teeth but they are just small and mishapen. I had bonding put on years ago suggested as a "quick fix" by an ortho I was seeing and it was the worst mistake. Now they look worse. 

I was speaking with my mom today and she noticed another missing part of one of bonded teeth. She asked what I was gonna do about it. I guess my true emotions came out cause I got teary. I told her I'm trying to save of for Lumineers (veneers that lay on top of your natural teeth) and she said, "if you felt so bad about your teeth why didn't you come to me sooner?" I told her I would never expect for anyone to assist me with this especially cause the price is super high. I told her it would help my journey getting them though if she was willing to finance it for me and I pay the monthly payments. She told me to stop worrying about the details and just go get a consultation and bring back the paperwork.

I cried. 

I'm actually going to have pretty teeth for the first time in my life.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome!

Good luck!
hateaway
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Yay! Im happy for you! (:
AvantGardener
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Congratulations! I have been in the process of fixing my teeth for the last few months and I completely understand. I was balling at my first dentist appointment. Congratulations. :)

mammabear87
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Yeah. Good luck. I had a lot of work done with mine and im so happy about it.. it is so worth it in the end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you. I'm so happy!

Quoting KendallsMommee: That's awesome! Good luck!

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Congratulations. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Balling from happiness? How is your process going?

Quoting AvantGardener:

Congratulations! I have been in the process of fixing my teeth for the last few months and I completely understand. I was balling at my first dentist appointment. Congratulations. :)

grnhsegoddess
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM
I'm happy for you :) my dds bf has bad teeth because he has bad parents. His parole officer actually tried to get him some help...I hope it works out for him. So glad you're getting this taken care of!!! It's obviously been bothering you. Good luck, lady :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:15 PM

Thank you. Can I ask what you had done?

Quoting mammabear87:

Yeah. Good luck. I had a lot of work done with mine and im so happy about it.. it is so worth it in the end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I can't wait to smile without holding back!

Quoting grnhsegoddess: I'm happy for you :) my dds bf has bad teeth because he has bad parents. His parole officer actually tried to get him some help...I hope it works out for him. So glad you're getting this taken care of!!! It's obviously been bothering you. Good luck, lady :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)