Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cleaning house

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM
  • 24 Replies
How often do you wash your floors and vacuum? How many kiddos do you have or pets?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM

a teen, eight year old, a pug, two long hair cats. I vacuum Tuesday, Thursday, and weekends. The roomba doesn Mon, Wed, and Fri

I mop once a week

luvmyboysjj
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Vacuum everyday wash floor 2-3 times a week depending on how much they need it.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM

When my children were small and I ran a home daycare my floors got done 2 x day at least. Vacuum at least once day many days more often. I have a thing about living in a Clean Home. When I closed my day care my children were in HS. So it went to once a day for vacuuming. Every other day  for floors.

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM

My kitchen, down stairs bathroom and dining room I sweep every day and wash almost daily during the summer months. With them going in and out. It gets dirty fast. During the winter I wash them once a week or more if needed.

I vacuum every day pretty much. With three kids and three cats I have to in our living room. Bedrooms once a week.

BradleysMom2014
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I always wondered about those things, do they actually work?

Quoting thetrollcat:

a teen, eight year old, a pug, two long hair cats. I vacuum Tuesday, Thursday, and weekends. The roomba doesn Mon, Wed, and Fri

I mop once a week

Kimicora
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM

urgh i wish i did it more often,  but our vacuum is so inconvenient, to store it in any convenient space you have available you have to take it apart because its a canister vacuum it annoys me.

I'd say once every week and a half if DH isn't tromping in and out of the house bringing maple leave flyer things in, if he does that i vacuum twice a week, I also try to keep the drive way/porch/stairs outside clean of maple flying seed things so they can't track them into the house as easily.

as for mopping definitely once a week, i don't sweep our vacuum has a hard wood attachment so i use it instead. We do own a broom for small accidents though. Other that i swiffer the floor weekly and try to keep DH from walking in the kitchen with shoes on.

Also, I have a 7 month old, My Dh, 2 other men and one of their girlfriends that are constantly in and out of the house and cats.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM

They have their pros and cons. They are better than nothign at all LOL

They are good for pick up and top layer cleaning but not deep cleaning.

They do leave scuff marks on the trimmings and will wear down corners also. Someone suggested masking tape so im giving that a try right now/.

I do love my roombas if it wasnt for them my floors would be full of fur constantly!

Quoting BradleysMom2014:

I always wondered about those things, do they actually work?

Quoting thetrollcat:

I mop once a week

lukesmom2002
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:50 PM

Daily. I have one son and no pets.

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM
I vacuum once a week, there is only carpet in the bedrooms. I sweep a couple times a day and mop 2 times a week.
3 kids, no pets but all wood floors so they always feel dusty.
Char-Bear
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Every day but on a rotating schedule, carpets one day and tile the next. I have a teenager, toddler, two month old and two cats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN