Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parental Dilemma-Ladies I need help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My daughter is on the color guard team in high school. The team members sign a contract saying that they will be role models for all students.

Here's my dilemma. I recently found out that one of the team members was picked up for shoplifting at the mall yet she is still on the team. Apparently this girl has been shoplifting for a while but this was the first time she got caught. The store did not press charges, instead they banned her from their stores.

Even though some of the other team members know, the coaches do not. Personally I don't think this girl should be allowed to stay on the team.

What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:56 PM
If they sign a contract about being role models, she doesn't belong on that team.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM

No she shouldn't be. I am not sure I would want to be the one to go to the coach though. How does your DD feel about her being on the team ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I think that if it were up to me, she'd be off the team. But since it's not, I'd mind my own business.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM
I wouldn't be a tattle tale.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that you should mind your own business.

People make mistakes, especially teens. Hopefully getting caught has taught her a lesson.
ArmyWife112908
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I think this would be something to inform the coaches of and then let them handle it and agree with what they decide.
cadditalbrat
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM
This

Quoting KairisMama: If they sign a contract about being role models, she doesn't belong on that team.
Elaflynts
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I would keep my mouth shut. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:59 PM
She's in high school. High schoolers act as dumb as a box of rocks sometimes. Hopefully getting caught will finally get into her head that she needs to straighten up.II'd leave it alone though. If her parents know then she is hopefully already being punished enough.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:00 PM

I think that isn't any of your business if it isn't your child. It is up to the coaches and the school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN