Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Return it or not?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
Background : My brother is having his second child. They are having a sprinkle (instead of a shower). But register at 2 stores for well over 100 items per store. They have a two year o,d son, and the new baby is also a boy born in the same season. They invited 40 people and only 7 now are coming including my sil. I know they shouldn't have registered and it seemed like a gift grab but they lack common sense in those ways.

question: I bought them the blanket they registered for. Later I find out that my mom has also bought a blanket for them. Something hand made from a fund raiser. It's huge, like king sized. She often buys gifts for people, that are just things she felt like buying. So dh says I should return the blanket bought. Because it will be too easily compared and make my mom look bad. I would rather just keep it and oh well. What would you do?

EDIT 11/22/2014: yes I returned the blanket. I bought them the bath set they registered for. At the shower my brothers wife's mom was vocally upset that she didn't get "enough" from her registry. It was very low class. A week after the shower my brother and wife took the blanket my mom bought them back to her, saying it was too big, too scratch (totally wasn't scratchy, it was soft) and they MADE her take them out to buy different stuff. Buying that blanket I returned.......

Lovely. My fam. Is pretty messed up.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM
I wouldn't intentionally make my mom look bad.
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:05 PM
I would return it. My mom is great and I would never do anything that would make her look bad if I could prevent it.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Return it & get something else. Sounds like there's plenty to pick from. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Return it and buy diapers which seems more necessary.
cleansedbyglory
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:23 PM

two blankets are better than one..my sister got a big one, my brother got a medium sized one and i got two smaller ones..all of which were hand-made by my dad's mom, who also made three afghans, one for each of us.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 19, 2014 at 5:18 AM

Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2014 at 5:19 AM

I am lazy, so I would just keep it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)