Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you miss from your childhood? *EDIT*

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
  • 48 Replies

A hobby, TV show, toy, person, etc... what do you miss?  Teenage years included!!

EDIT because I forgot to put some stuff that I miss!!

The original Rugrats cartoon and a plethora of other Nickelodeon cartoons, those Mickey Mouse ice creams on a stick (I think I might miss those most of all), riding bikes, freedom, etc.!

It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.

Also, a little video games never hurt.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Nothing, I had a crappy childhood. The best thing I ever did was move out and never go home and live with my parents again.

TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Playing outside until the street lights came on. Less electronics
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Living near all my cousins, aunts and uncles in Brooklyn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenkabear
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM

Quoting Raeann11:

Nothing, I had a crappy childhood. The best thing I ever did was move out and never go home and live with my parents again.

Really?  Nothing at all?

My childhood was shitty thanks to my shitty parents, but I can still think of things that I liked or enjoyed back then.  I most definitely don't miss the way their parenting made me feel & the effect it had on me.  But there are pieces that I miss.

It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:34 PM

2 good friends that died way too early. More than them my grandmother. She was my world. She took such good care of me. Taught me so much was just a huge part of my life.

KykysMomma1128
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I miss not having a care in the world. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

The original Degrassi Jr. High/High, but I can catch those on YouTube, and Jello pudding pops. And metal character lunch boxes with matching thermos. And of course lack of responsibility.

teenkabear
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Quoting TiffanyRose06: Playing outside until the street lights came on. Less electronics

I agree!  When I stayed with my aunts (which was a good portion of my childhood), her neighbors' grandkids and I were around the same age so we played together almost every single day we were there.  We rode bikes up and down the street all day long until the street lights came on--it was so much fun!  I would never let my kids do that, there are way too many irresponsible & inconsiderate people on the road now.  It's sad, I wish the world was different, but oh well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:38 PM
My 8 brothers and 4 sisters and my mom and dad. Miss my big chaotic family
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Having two water parks in my area. I have the beach within a short ride now but sometimes I want to go play in a water park.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)