Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DN was molested by grandpa and BF is totally unfit, what will the judge do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

When my SIL was 19 and just married her husband she told me that they were going to have a baby in 5 years when she finished school and had a good job. 5 years came she was finished school and had a decent job as Store manager at a Micheal's Crafts. Sure enough they had a baby, already had her name picked out and everything.  They planned since before my niece was born that they would homeschool and that SIL would leave her job when our niece was six to homeschool her full time, they planned she would go to preschool and kindergarten at a local Catholic school. 

One day her husband decided, without talking to her first that he wanted to be a stay at home dad (really he was just lazy and wanted to stay at home and play video games all day) SIL was pissed but decided it might be for the best because she loved her job. Only things got worse, her husband started using drugs and smoking pot all day. She asked him over and over to go to rehab but he refused. At home instead of watching the baby he just did drugs and drank himself silly while playing Star Trek Online constantly. One day she came home and her daughter was gone! He didn't even know where she was because he had done LSD and "forgot about her" Turns out she wondered away naked (at only 2 years old) and went into her neighbor's house across the street. Since the neighbor was an undocumented immigrant she didn't call the police, instead she dressed her, feed her, and not knowing who she belonged to she took the child to work with her (she's a maid) As she was coming home she noticed my SIL screaming and noticed the police were looking for a child. So she waited until the next day to return my niece (she was afraid of getting deported) needless to say my niece was taken from them by CPS a few hours after she was returned and her husband was arrested but the charges were dropped later because the police failed to read him his rights. (he got so lucky) Still this wasn't enough for SIL to leave. SIL got our niece back with in a week and I started babysitting while she was at work.  A few months later he got really abusive to SIL and started smoking crack all the time. SIL lost everything, her job (after he came in high and tried to steal stuff) her car (he torched it to keep her from leaving), finally he got them evicted from their home. SIL moved in with us but her husband did not. 

They were still a couple after all that. He started to get better he stopped using and got a job and thought everything would be alright again but SIL met someone else during all this, she never cheated but she had a male friend that was there for her. Around Christmas last year SIL broke up with her husband and filed for a divorce. Before she could serve him he came over to our house when he knew SIL was gone and demanded his daughter. When I refused and called SIL he called the police and I had no choice but to release her to him because there was no custody arrangement at that time. He took off with our niece and SIL didn't see her for two months, basically until she went to court. When SIL finally got her she found out that our niece had been molested by her very own FIL (yes her now ex husbands own father! who had molested his own daughter and went to jail for it, he was a registered sex offender!)  Yet the judge still didn't revoke her exes parental rights. Instead the judge gave SIL full physical custody and dad supervised visits one hour a week + he has to pay $700 a month in child support. He's also being charged with child endangerment and solicitation of a minor because I guess he told his dad that he could molest our niece if he helped him hide her. He's lucky that the judge is a very sympathetic person because he should have got nothing. (He still have joint legal custody, confusing or what?) This bastard even told my DH that it wasn't really "molestation" his dad only masturbated while watching her sleep naked." He said "I don't know what the big deal is." 

So knowing all of the above here's my question...

SIL wants to homeschool DN but her ex says (and this is an exact quote ) "Fuck you Bitch I want her to go to the worse public school on the planet if it means getting back at you." So my SIL said she was going to show the email to her lawyer and he said "Fine I will let you homeschool the little cunt if you fuck me." 

So now she's going back to court to homeschool her daughter and to try and get his legal custody terminated. Do you think the judge will do it? Or is she going to be at the mercy of a man that is out of control and, I'm not even sure what he is anymore.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't think they will take away his visitation since already supervised. The past things were already addressed and can not be used as new reasons. The school thing will be a seperate issue. If they have joint legal and they can't agree they can request judge to decide that without her getting his rights revoked.
Also most times if parents can't agree it defaults to physical custody as to which school child attends. She may have a battle if she is trying to home school and can't prove it is best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Idk, but that whole story is f-ed up.
KME3
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Jesus. What a piece of shit. Why doesn't he just walk away?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM

He won't DH and I actually offered him half of our life savings to just sign away his rights and let SIL raise her on her own but he refused saying he hated SIL so much he'd even kill his own daughter if he could get away with it. He says that's the only reason he hasn't and he calls her a "cunt" all the time won't even say her name. But what should I expect from a crackhead! 

Quoting KME3: Jesus. What a piece of shit. Why doesn't he just walk away?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I say it's high time somebody fed that man to the pigs.

Not sure what will happen but I hope your SIL wins. That poor child should not have to deal with that man in her life. GL
AilsaSeoid
by UnicornMayo on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:17 PM
They might terminate rights. Tell her to look into state law. In some place she just has to post in a newspaper and they will be granted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Do you keep these txts and things? I would show them to a judge, Is he calling the little girl that to her face?

RuEvMi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:23 PM
This is disturbing that he calls his dd cunt and that for for her to go to the worse summer school. And he would kill her ??
Did he write that in email or he said it verbally ?
Why does he hate your sil so much ?

Quoting Anonymous:

He won't DH and I actually offered him half of our life savings to just sign away his rights and let SIL raise her on her own but he refused saying he hated SIL so much he'd even kill his own daughter if he could get away with it. He says that's the only reason he hasn't and he calls her a "cunt" all the time won't even say her name. But what should I expect from a crackhead! 

Quoting KME3: Jesus. What a piece of shit. Why doesn't he just walk away?

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Emails and texts are admissible in court. All of it can be retrieved. Document everything. It's ridiculous that the bd and fil are allowed around the child.

Lawyer up.
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM
If he's threatened her or your niece in the last month or so, she should be able to get a restraining order. However, our justice system tends to be a little screwed up. Case in point, the fact that the asshole STILL has any rights!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN