Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's it!(suggestions please)

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

This is the 2nd mop in 2 weeks to pull this shit I'm done with swiffer now. I need suggestions for easy tile mess clean up I don't have hard wood floors.

ETA: Yes i can fix it but it broke twice in a 10 minute period without me using it in any manner more than its supposed to be, i was just cleaning my front entry way with no excess force & i was using the magic eraser swiffer pads, THERE was no reason for this.  I'm just done period because i don't want to have to stop 10 million times while mopping my floor.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kimicora
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:00 PM

I don't know about other products, I use Swiffer. But if you send them an e-mail explaining what happened and tell them you usually live by Swiffer and it's your favorite product but you're thinking of switching to something else and include this picture in the e-mail, they will send you coupons and possibly even a new Swiffer. 

AnonyDaMouse
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:00 PM
i had one, same thing happened and i finally got a steam mop for 50 at wal mart.
Kimicora
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I'll definitely look into this! I had a pink one break i got for my wedding gift from my DH's aunt (i needed it so i asked for it) do the same thing 2 weeks ago and i went and bought this purple one thinking maybe the pink one just got too old, Nope.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know about other products, I use Swiffer. But if you send them an e-mail explaining what happened and tell them you usually live by Swiffer and it's your favorite product but you're thinking of switching to something else and include this picture in the e-mail, they will send you coupons and possibly even a new Swiffer. 

Kimicora
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM
bumpbump
teenkabear
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Dude, when Swiffer first came out I bought 1 and it lasted me FOREVER--I mean several years.  It probably would've lasted even longer, but I moved so many times & it got lost.  I've bought a couple more since (within the last 3 years) and they were both JUNK.  I bought the second one hoping I had just gotten a dud, but nope, second one also did not work worth a shit.  It made me sad because I love the Swiffer, but I was done wasting my money.  They suck now in my experience.

I have a steam mop now (mine is a Haan, they are a bit pricey, but I know they make cheaper options) and love it.  All you have to do is add water, let it heat up, and then mop away.  You aren't using any harsh chemicals in the process and it completely sanitizes the floor & gets them so clean and shiney.  So that's what I recommend.  Good luck!

Kimicora
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Thinking about this, I want to still email swiffer though. With a steam mop i wouldn't have to worry about leaving foot prints, I dunno why but no matter HOW clean i make my feet in socks or anything im always cleaning up foot prints behind myself.

Quoting teenkabear:

Dude, when Swiffer first came out I bought 1 and it lasted me FOREVER--I mean several years.  It probably would've lasted even longer, but I moved so many times & it got lost.  I've bought a couple more since (within the last 3 years) and they were both JUNK.  I bought the second one hoping I had just gotten a dud, but nope, second one also did not work worth a shit.  It made me sad because I love the Swiffer, but I was done wasting my money.  They suck now in my experience.

I have a steam mop now (mine is a Haan, they are a bit pricey, but I know they make cheaper options) and love it.  All you have to do is add water, let it heat up, and then mop away.  You aren't using any harsh chemicals in the process and it completely sanitizes the floor & gets them so clean and shiney.  So that's what I recommend.  Good luck!

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I have an o cedar brand. Green one from target. Had it 4 years no problems. You can fill the tank yourself too with your own cleaner.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)