Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to protect myself.. Divorce

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Dh and I have been married for nearly 5 years and he had an affair. I caught him a couple months ago and it continued on after that. he lied about her leaving their place of employment, cutting off all contact with her, and who she was. Well today (three months after the incident) I found out the entire truth and am no longer willing to stay married to him. We have two daughters, a 3 year old and a 9 month old.

So far he's attempted to suspend my phone line, but being an account manger I took my line and created a new account so he can't do that again.

I've taken everything out of the bank account. The one credit card in my name that he is an authorized user on, I cancelled. I have a lawyer (family friend) who is helping me find someone closer (in my county) tomorrow.

What else am I forgetting? I'm trying to cover all my bases.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM
And what can I expect to happen now?
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:41 PM
8 moms liked this
I'll tell you what I'd do to that son of a bitch-I'd have a consultation with as many divorce attorneys possible just to make it difficult for him to find one.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM
You've got a lawyer. File for custody & divorce ASAP. That's about it.
Jezzi86
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Never been through it but so far it seems you're going through all of this in a very logical way. Way to go and good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Haha yes ;) good idea.

Quoting spooky415: I'll tell you what I'd do to that son of a bitch-I'd have a consultation with as many divorce attorneys possible just to make it difficult for him to find one.
bethpelle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Good luck. Sounds like you're doing the right thing. Do you own property/ cars together?
Jezzi86
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:44 PM
This is actually a REALLY good idea!
Lol

Quoting spooky415: I'll tell you what I'd do to that son of a bitch-I'd have a consultation with as many divorce attorneys possible just to make it difficult for him to find one.
MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:44 PM
Immediately file for custody. If you own your home, request temporary residence so that he will have to leave pending the divorce and judgement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)