Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't want to be rude but!....

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

My neighbors are terrible!.... 

They just moved in at the begining of the month and they have been nothing but a pain in the ass. There is 3 adults and about 4 or 5 children living there part time I believe. They have two dogs and two cats, their dogs bark all the time in the morning, during the day, at night time its crazy. My husband is on midnights he got home this morning just before 8am and the dogs were outside barking away they didnt even come out to try to get them to stop they just let them bark. Their dogs grawl at as when we come up the walk away you can hear people running up and down the stairs and banging. It is so frustrating, and to even try to start a conversation with them is like pulling teeth they are not social people. Their kids were pushing each other in a wagon down the sidewalk when I was caming home I had to push my stroller into the grass for me and the baby didn't get ran over! Something needs to be done. 

I don't want to just come out and say "hey look your loud, your dogs bark all the time, your kids are brats can you keep it down" I would actually like to give them the benefit that they are half decent people. You would think they would be respectful to other tenants that live around them. Like they just moved in so im trying to let it go their still trying to get settled in and what not, but seriously thats no excuse to be disrespectful and teach your children manners move over share the walk way for others. 

COME JOIN THE L.O.L GROUP

www.cafemom.com/group/120396

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:40 PM
What are "barts"?
Court112
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Ahhhh! brats! lol I even read it over before I posted! 

Quoting Anonymous: What are "barts"?

Missdameanor
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Move out of the section 8 housing/apts/condo/trailer park/homeless shelter or other horrible place that you live in and move to the country =)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I'd mention something about the dogs if they're disrupting sleep... but as long as they're quiet at night (running on stairs to or whatever) leave it be. Dogs bark... it's kind of what they do. Mine bark, I've given up that battle long ago...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Talk to your landlord.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Invite them over for drinks , coffee , something and tell them how inconsiderate the last neighbors were and what happened to "them" ...

Lol
SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Are these apartments?  Section 8, public housing, private??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:50 PM
By all means go up to them and say your kids are brats. Be sure to let us know how manny stitches you have to get and what your other injueries are after they beat the shit out of you!
CameraMum
by Anne on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:01 PM

My neighbour use to think I was rude because I was loud, the kids were loud and sometimes I would leave the dogs outside too long and they would bark a little too long.  She had been living in her home for about a month or two before she came over to address it nicely.  That's when she found out I have some hearing loss, I don't mean to be loud, I just can't hear how loud I am.  The kids can be loud because they are trying to get my attention.  Sometimes I don't hear the dogs when they want back in.  Couple that with at that time I was going through cancer treatment and didn't feel 100% and couldn't get up quickly when I did hear the dogs.

Now we are great friends, we walk almost every evening together and we have developed a system for when it gets a little to loud.  She sends me a text and I put in my hearing aides.  :)

Go over and speak with them, but keep it nice.  It might be a simple fix. 

Court112
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Oh wow! Well Im glad everything worked out for you. I was talking to one of the ladies the other night just started to get to know her sort of, and her mom was over at the time and she ended up just going back into the house and her mom was outside and she looked at me and was like OH! i guess were going back in! and they left. It was kind of odd and akward. 

Quoting CameraMum:

My neighbour use to think I was rude because I was loud, the kids were loud and sometimes I would leave the dogs outside too long and they would bark a little too long.  She had been living in her home for about a month or two before she came over to address it nicely.  That's when she found out I have some hearing loss, I don't mean to be loud, I just can't hear how loud I am.  The kids can be loud because they are trying to get my attention.  Sometimes I don't hear the dogs when they want back in.  Couple that with at that time I was going through cancer treatment and didn't feel 100% and couldn't get up quickly when I did hear the dogs.Now we are great friends, we walk almost every evening together and we have developed a system for when it gets a little to loud.  She sends me a text and I put in my hearing aides.  :)Go over and speak with them, but keep it nice.  It might be a simple fix. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)