Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth photographer

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM
  • 27 Replies
3 moms liked this
I am so excited! We just hired a birth photographer, I had given up on finding one for our home birth in Sept bc they all were booked months ago when I called around but there was a flyer at the birth center this week for a photographer looking for aug and sept clients! She also offered a discount if the photos could be used as art in the birth center, which is fine with me! I couldn't be more excited. This center is owned by the midwife that attended our last and where I "worked" before having to put off school for this baby:)) I am just so happy bc I had given up on that "dream"
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Yaaaaaay! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM
That's great!
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Yes, it's pretty common in my circles. Google them in your area. They aren't at all what you think:) trust me!

Quoting Anonymous:

ok this is a new one for me, you're having someone take pics while you're giving birth? really?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay.

It's not something I would do. I wanted to choke everyone in the room because I was in so much pain.
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:36 AM
Cool for you! With my first I really wanted just me and dh there, which was an awesome experience, but if we decide to have another I think I might want a birth photographer. They're actually so beautiful and tasteful- pp, you don't have to get the "money shot" they are just a really cool way to document the process.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Mobile Photo

I have as well and it's actually very special and beautiful. Like I said the photos are not what you think, at least not with a good photographer. This is one of my favorite photographers for birth. I don't find it all that "crazy" though. It's such an amazing experience, I am glad we will finally have photos!
It's not for everyone though and I understand that!

Quoting Anonymous:

no thanks, I have given birth before, and no way would I have someone there taking pictures, some of you women are just nuts.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: Yes, it's pretty common in my circles. Google them in your area. They aren't at all what you think:) trust me!

Quoting Anonymous:

ok this is a new one for me, you're having someone take pics while you're giving birth? really?

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I didn't have one for our last home birth either for that reason but I am very excited this time. I don't want anyone but hubby and the kids here but I want her to document it bc it's so special and always a whirlwind in my memory!
Good luck on another:) we planned no more and got a bonus a month before hubby having his vasectomy:)!

Quoting oryxx31: Cool for you! With my first I really wanted just me and dh there, which was an awesome experience, but if we decide to have another I think I might want a birth photographer. They're actually so beautiful and tasteful- pp, you don't have to get the "money shot" they are just a really cool way to document the process.
Shawna86
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats great! I had one for my last and im so glad I did. I would love to do birth photography.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Wow okay, it's too early for you! Anon needs a cup of coffee before her morning troll!
Have a great day, I am def the crazy pathetic one!:)

Quoting Anonymous:

you dont know what I think, what I think is that you moms of today only have children so you have someone to love and someone to love you back. Thats the reason for these kinds of things and there is no reason for pictures during the birth, I dont need them to remember my childrens birth.

What I think is , its pathetic and you moms need to get lives.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

Mobile Photo

I have as well and it's actually very special and beautiful. Like I said the photos are not what you think, at least not with a good photographer. This is one of my favorite photographers for birth. I don't find it all that "crazy" though. It's such an amazing experience, I am glad we will finally have photos!
It's not for everyone though and I understand that!

Quoting Anonymous:

no thanks, I have given birth before, and no way would I have someone there taking pictures, some of you women are just nuts.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: Yes, it's pretty common in my circles. Google them in your area. They aren't at all what you think:) trust me!

Quoting Anonymous:

JackAttacks
by Angel on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:47 AM

This is you:

Quoting Anonymous:

you dont know what I think, what I think is that you moms of today only have children so you have someone to love and someone to love you back. Thats the reason for these kinds of things and there is no reason for pictures during the birth, I dont need them to remember my childrens birth.

What I think is , its pathetic and you moms need to get lives.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom:

Mobile Photo

I have as well and it's actually very special and beautiful. Like I said the photos are not what you think, at least not with a good photographer. This is one of my favorite photographers for birth. I don't find it all that "crazy" though. It's such an amazing experience, I am glad we will finally have photos! It's not for everyone though and I understand that!
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)