Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think he's a molester. How can I find out?! Help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

My mom's husband is a creep. He was married when they first met then two months later his wife suddenly dies and he moves in with us! I never liked him, he is just creep and well...gross for a lack of better words. My mom has to bribe him to shower and shave. (She isn't the classiest person but she could have done WAY better!)  

Shortly after he moved in with us (this was over 5 years ago, I'm now married and moved out) I found his wifes death certificate....the cause of death was "unknown". He said she while sitting at the kitchen table but an autopsy was never done. She was severely overweight and had diabetes, but wouldn't there be a cause of death of some sort?     Anyways....

They had two children together, both boys. They were taken away by the state when they were young, before age 10. My mom had told me it was because his wife never cleaned or took care of him while he was one the road. (He was a truck driver)  We recently started planning a vacation that we included them on...well one of the stops is in the town his sons are now residing with their adopted family, which was his wifes aunt or sister. He started saying he would like to see his boys but cant. I asked why not and he said "One isnt 18 yet, so his parents wont let him and the other is locked up" I asked why he was locked up and he said "He molested another boy in the home".....Then my mom chimed in on "He was done the same as a child so its not his fault"      I asked who done it but both ignored my question. I asked why the adopted parents wont let him see the other and he just said "I dont know, they just wont let me"               This made me shutter. I dont know what to make of it. I have an 18 month old daughter and this scares the shit out of me. Are CPS/DHS records public?! Is there any possible way of finding out if he was accused of this?! I want clarity but neither of them will answer my questions. They avoid them.                    (NO- He is never left alone with her, period.)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hilary799
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Bump
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I have no idea. I guess you could call cps and ask.
mommy211983
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
If he was convicted he will be a registered offender. My moms husbands daughter says my moms husband molested her. He's not allowed near my kids or my nieces and nephews. We have no proof but he's an evil piece of shit. If I were you I'd try and find out ASAP for your kids.
MamiJaAyla
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Look on sec offenders lists in that area and your hime area etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM
No its not public record (cps) but if he has a criminal history you should be able to find out. Its not abnormal for an adoptive family to not allow visitation with biological family, especially if they think it would be traumatic or confusing for the child. I would never leave my daughter unsupervised with him no matter what though, just simply for the fact kids were removed fro his home and you don't know why.
jsmommy1984
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:00 PM
You can go to that registered sex offender website and look for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:02 PM
If he was convicted. Sadly, I know 3 guys that molested young females (under 5) and even though the girls said they did it, they were never convicted. Stupid thing is, 2 of the guys are still allowed around one of the girls they touched. The other, he chooses not to come around, but the court gave him supervised visits, if he wanted to take them.

Quoting mommy211983: If he was convicted he will be a registered offender. My moms husbands daughter says my moms husband molested her. He's not allowed near my kids or my nieces and nephews. We have no proof but he's an evil piece of shit. If I were you I'd try and find out ASAP for your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Idk. If he was convicted he'd be on the list. But just accused? I don't know a way to find out.

Oh. I got it-- write a letter to the one in jail and ask. Or go visit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:03 PM

He was not ever convicted or even charged as far as I can tell. My state has open court records online but I can't figure out if CPS has the same thing? I keep imagining it was something like he was accused but they had no evidence, plus the boys were severey neglected. So the state just took them.

Quoting mommy211983: If he was convicted he will be a registered offender. My moms husbands daughter says my moms husband molested her. He's not allowed near my kids or my nieces and nephews. We have no proof but he's an evil piece of shit. If I were you I'd try and find out ASAP for your kids.

SuckIt69
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Check the sex offenders list.  Find a way to get his DOB, Full name, DL# and SSN and check him out!  There are lots of background check companies on the internet and it's not that expensive to pull records on people.

If you find anything shady on him, I would cancel the trip and not even take my DD around him at all.  But that's just me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)