Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm SSOOO jealous!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

A cousin of mine through marriage has this big super close family ..  She just had her first baby and of course they are flocking to her and being super supportive.. Her mom is staying with her for 3 weeks..   I didn't have that with my family.  No one in my family gave a damn when I had my kids.  My mom came to see my 2nd baby twice in her first 6 months.. My MIL once.

I am so jealous I can't even follow her facebook. 

I wish I didn't feel this way. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I'm sorry OP, that can't be fun. Are you close with this cousin? What about her mom, your aunt?
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:15 PM
I like being alone lol but that's me
TheDrsRose
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this

People not leaving you alone isn't as fun as it sounds..

CafeMom Tickers
CrossStitchMum
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:18 PM
This. Everyone came to see my baby but I was expected to be on my feet with the house in order and be a good hostess. I had all csections.

Quoting TheDrsRose:

People not leaving you alone isn't as fun as it sounds..

NorCalMom2
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:23 PM
I would prefer no visitors. I'm due with our 3rd in October, I've actually told people no visitors.... I'm gonna have my plate full with a newborn, homeschooling 2 kiddos, soccer 5 days a week, cooking, cleaning and a dh working 12 hrs a day/ 7 days a week. I don't want to add entertaining to the list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM
I'm sorry, I know it's hard when you don't have family to be there for you during the hard times. Or to be proud of you during the happy times.
ShoeStrings
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:25 PM

So sorry, you have every right to feel that way. Having a lot of family around being supportive is very important when you have a baby. I had it with my first and was so happy. I didn't with my second and got very depressed. It makes a big difference. But keep your head up girl, you can say you have done it alone and that shows what a strong mama you are!

BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I feel ya.. hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

With my first, he was in the NICU for 3 weeks and I came home to a trashed, foodless, horror...  With my 2nd I came home after 4 hours but I came home and I hemorrhaged and needed 2 transfusions. Still my family didn't come.  She had a cesarean and she said her mom is cleaning, cooking, shopping..  I am so jealous.  I will do this stuff for my daughter, I swear it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:32 PM
I'm so sorry . I imagine that could be hard to witness when you weren't treated that way and IMO the way you should have been . Try and be happy for her . Think of the day that you will be there for your adult children and how that abandonment is going to stop with you .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)