Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you cut this friend out of your life?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
DH asked me to read him a text that he received this morning. When I looked at his phone I saw a text from a friend of mine and his. When I read the text it was her telling DH that I was upset with him and what I was upset over.

According to DH, she does this anytime I tell her something DH did that annoyed me. These are all small things that annoyed me and will get brought up in conversation. Like for example she called me last week and asked what I was doing. I said I was cleaning the kitchen because DH left a mess in there and it annoys me when he doesn't clean up after himself. She text him right after getting off the phone with me to tell him about it. DH already knew that I was annoyed. I tell him everything.

I just find this going behind my back to be horrible and am thinking about cutting her out of my life. I'm glad I never confided in her anything important. What would you do if a so called friend did this to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:29 PM

i wouldn't tell her much thats for sure. they would be short and sweet answers and not anything major.... and when she asks what is up I'll be honest with her and tell her why i dont talk to her like we used too. or i'd just have a talk with her and than at the same time stop talking to her about my husband especially. i dont know that i would cut her out right of way. but i obviously can't vent to her about things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM
I'd talk to her about it and ask why she's doing that.

I don't know that it's really something I'd get rid of a friend over.

If you only like her because she'll listen to you complain about your husband, then you don't need her.
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Beat her with a bag of bricks while dh ate popcorn and watched.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM

I don't know if I would end it for that. I might. I would have to figure out what her intention had been.  If I really loved her as a friend  I might just try talking with her and telling her that this strikes me as odd and unnecessary and that to have a friendship there has to be a sense of trust and confidentiality.  This one is so iffy to me.  She did not really break anything that you told her in confidence, though there is sort of an assumed confidence. b/w girl friends.  It seems like nothing bad came of it.  Would you feel a loss to end it with her. Can you talk to her.  Sometimes a good but difficult conversation is the best thing for a friendship.   

MelDyann
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Screw that. I wouldn't be friends with someone like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:40 PM
Keep your business to yourself.
Sharon300
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I would cut her out of my life.

Rust.n.Gears
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM
My husband and I would confront her together. Then go from there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Drop her ass! She sucks.

AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM
3 moms liked this

she's putting a wedge between you and your husband, or at least trying to.

stop the info train. she might not realize she's doing it. if she finds other ways to try to cut into your relationship, bag the bitch. marriage is hard enough without someone trying to chip away at the foundation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)