Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is driving me insane!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
He's six. In the last hour I have heard him say
"What! I can't control my bladder!" (Peed in his pull-up before bed, like minutes after putting in on)
"I can't control my poop!" (Poop accident)
"I can't control my legs! (Not being careful and kicked his Legos off the bed and broke it, which then he got mad)

Seriously driving me nuts!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:31 PM
SN?
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:32 PM
He is not getting enough exercise during the day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Six and still using pull-ups? Sounds like he's playing you and taking advantage. My 3 year old doesn't even use pull-ups anymore, and it took a long time to potty train her.
yksmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Make him watch a video of The Little Engine That Could over and over until he can explain to you that he's old enough to control his actions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Quoting kadcas: He is not getting enough exercise during the day.

He does get exercise
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM
where does he hear that stuff? I have a almost 6 yr old who never says stuff like that. I also have an almost 3 yr old with Spina Bifida and he really can't control his bladder or bowel and has problems with his legs. But we never say things like that in front of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Quoting Anonymous: Six and still using pull-ups? Sounds like he's playing you and taking advantage. My 3 year old doesn't even use pull-ups anymore, and it took a long time to potty train her.

He needs them overnight. His pull-up is always soaked in the morning. He stays dry maybe twice a year?
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:36 PM
More till he is exhausted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quoting Anonymous: where does he hear that stuff? I have a almost 6 yr old who never says stuff like that. I also have an almost 3 yr old with Spina Bifida and he really can't control his bladder or bowel and has problems with his legs. But we never say things like that in front of him.

Who knows! He has aspergers and likely adhd but he functions well enough in school to not need an iep so it frustrates me with all the behaviors I deal with at home. He sees theorists and they tell me I am doing everything "right". He sees a psychiatrist next month
Bleacher-mom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Make him start taking responsibility. He pooped then he cleans himself up. He kicks something with his legs he ccross leans it up. It will stop real soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)