Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How late is too late....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
...to report a rape. I was raped 3 years ago and never reported it. I want to know if it's too late or not to get justice.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Did you have a rape kit done?
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Likely too late. There is no evidence to collect. You have no proof unless it's on video.
CherylAnne81
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:40 PM

I think it depends on the statutory time frame in your area. Where do you live? I would report it....they may not be able to do anything for you but if he did it once...I am sure it was not his last.

I reported my fathers abuse 10+ years after he touched me. It turned out that moved to my little sister and no one knew. He had been abusing her the whole time....Mine was to long but he went to court over my sister. 

Good luck

momma112206
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:40 PM
There's a time limit in every state. Will be hard with no rape kit. Your word against his if know who did it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I didn't have a rape kit done. It was near a gas station. He was an employee and followed me. If the rape isn't on video I'm thinking him following me is.
EmilyRhiannon
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Most states have a 3 year period. Plus without any evidence.. It's very difficult to prove or convict.
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:43 PM
It would probably be seen as he said she said. Does he even still work there

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't have a rape kit done. It was near a gas station. He was an employee and followed me. If the rape isn't on video I'm thinking him following me is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Depends on statute of limitations in your state. You could help convict him in the case of someone else. They're usually repeat offenders
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM
I'm not sure. Soon after it happened I called the gas station and found out his name was David though.

Quoting Supervane: It would probably be seen as he said she said. Does he even still work there

Quoting Anonymous: I didn't have a rape kit done. It was near a gas station. He was an employee and followed me. If the rape isn't on video I'm thinking him following me is.
jojo.13.1987
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:46 PM
That would be your word against his, they would need dna evidence to convict him, circumstantial evidence is not enough. Unless the rape resulted in a pregnancy and you kept the kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)