Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE!! my 5 year old son has a 104.2 fever

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Took my son to his doctor this morning ...he still has a fever at his doctors it was 102.3 and now tonight it is down to 100.2... I talked to his doctor and he said it would of been a waste of time to bring him to the ER ...He also said I would of told you to bring him in if he was throwing up, not keeping food or water down. With a high fever ...he said but he was eating and playing while he was sick so that's not worrisome.. He also said that the ER has tons of germs and people who are sick so it would be smarter to keep him away from that espically when he had a fever. Dont want him to have a high fever and catch something else...Thanks to all the moms who didn't be rude to me that I was posting about it and didn't have him at the ER ... I really would of brought him in if he was not eating or throwing up.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Didn't read the original post, but glad he's doing better.

Mom2onebeauty
by *Lin* on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad to hear he is feeling better!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Thank you ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM
If the only symptom or the worst symptom is a fever that is controlled by meds than going to the ER is a complete waist of time. Unless I'm missing something I don't understand why people would say go to the ER?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:03 AM
I'm glad he seems to be doing better. Like I told you last night, Good job mama! A mother knows when her child is truly ill.

Quoting Anonymous: Took my son to his doctor this morning ...he still has a fever at his doctors it was 102.3 and now tonight it is down to 100.2... I talked to his doctor and he said it would of been a waste of time to bring him to the ER ...He also said I would of told you to bring him in if he was throwing up, not keeping food or water down. With a high fever ...he said but he was eating and playing while he was sick so that's not worrisome.. He also said that the ER has tons of germs and people who are sick so it would be smarter to keep him away from that espically when he had a fever. Dont want him to have a high fever and catch something else...Thanks to all the moms who didn't be rude to me that I was posting about it and didn't have him at the ER ... I really would of brought him in if he was not eating or throwing up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Yes that is what happen ..he didn't act sick all day fighting with his little brother, bouncing off the walls and laughing..he came and gave me a hug and I noticed he was burning up! So took his temp and it was 104.2 and called his doctor and asked if he thought I should bring him in . he said no! ... Unless he had other symptoms like the meds not taking the fever down and not being able to keep liquids down...so I made a post about it.. And some moms were not happy with me posting and wondering why I was not at the ER...

Quoting Anonymous: If the only symptom or the worst symptom is a fever that is controlled by meds than going to the ER is a complete waist of time. Unless I'm missing something I don't understand why people would say go to the ER?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Thank you ;)

Quoting Anonymous: I'm glad he seems to be doing better. Like I told you last night, Good job mama! A mother knows when her child is truly ill.

Quoting Anonymous: Took my son to his doctor this morning ...he still has a fever at his doctors it was 102.3 and now tonight it is down to 100.2... I talked to his doctor and he said it would of been a waste of time to bring him to the ER ...He also said I would of told you to bring him in if he was throwing up, not keeping food or water down. With a high fever ...he said but he was eating and playing while he was sick so that's not worrisome.. He also said that the ER has tons of germs and people who are sick so it would be smarter to keep him away from that espically when he had a fever. Dont want him to have a high fever and catch something else...Thanks to all the moms who didn't be rude to me that I was posting about it and didn't have him at the ER ... I really would of brought him in if he was not eating or throwing up.
MadmanWithABox
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Usually, I would agree. But, last month my 4 year old had a persistent fever for several days. I took her to the pediatrician and my usual doctor wasn't in that day and I had to see another one. Well, she said my DD was probably just down with a cold and to bring her back in a few days if she didn't get better.

That very night my DD spiked up to 104. Although it was being controlled with Tylenol, I brought her into the ER. It turns out she had a bladder infection and needed antibiotics. She wasn't presenting any other symptoms, we wouldn't have known.

I just didn't feel right about the pediatrician's diagnosis and I'm glad I didn't wait another 3 days for it to just get worse.

Quoting Anonymous: If the only symptom or the worst symptom is a fever that is controlled by meds than going to the ER is a complete waist of time. Unless I'm missing something I don't understand why people would say go to the ER?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM
I understand and that's why I posted about it ...just to get advice from other moms.. He did see his doctor today and the doctor said he is fine and not to worry to much.. I just didn't expect so many people to be so rude ... Hope your daughter gets better ;)

Quoting MadmanWithABox: Usually, I would agree. But, last month my 4 year old had a persistent fever for several days. I took her to the pediatrician and my usual doctor wasn't in that day and I had to see another one. Well, she said my DD was probably just down with a cold and to bring her back in a few days if she didn't get better.

That very night my DD spiked up to 104. Although it was being controlled with Tylenol, I brought her into the ER. It turns out she had a bladder infection and needed antibiotics. She wasn't presenting any other symptoms, we wouldn't have known.

I just didn't feel right about the pediatrician's diagnosis and I'm glad I didn't wait another 3 days for it to just get worse.

ali840
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:21 AM
*would have. Not would of. Just fyi
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)