Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spouse No Longer Attracted ....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

If one partner loses their attraction to their spouse (due to weight gain, letting themselves go, whatever reason) should they tell their partner? Should they communicate and discuss it as an issue to deal with, or do they hold it in to not hurt their partner's feelings? That can definitely hurt, and there's the chance the spouse will also feel angry.

Tell and discuss OR keep it to themself? Why?

*For those offering advice, this isnt about me, lol. Just a topic to discuss.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Going through this right now. I find myself very unattracted to my husband. I love him, but I am just not interested in a sexual way with him right now.
No freaking clue what to do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I would never hurt my husbands feelings. He has gained some weight but im still extremely attracted to him.
SnoBuny
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:03 AM
I think you should be able to discuss it respectfully. If you're married and raising kids together than discussing important things should be the norm. I would want my dh to tell me if something is wrong.
SuckIt69
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this
You should definitely talk about it. But it's never happened to me. It's just a body. It's going to get wrinkly and old anyways. I'm attracted to WHO he is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:13 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Sorry you're dealing with this. I imagine it's very hard. May I ask, do you know why, is there a specific reason? And how is he reacting? He must be feeling neglected?

Maybe someone can give you some good advice.

Quoting Anonymous: Going through this right now. I find myself very unattracted to my husband. I love him, but I am just not interested in a sexual way with him right now. No freaking clue what to do

runningbear123
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say, "man I have been feeling so unhealthy lately.  If we keep eating out, cuddling and watching movies we are going to be 500 lbs.  Lets start going to the gym together and I'll find some healthier recipes to try out. What do you think, are you in?"

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You have to have open communication if a marriage is going to work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM
This is such a hard question to answer. There is no way to say that without hurting feelings. I think ideally that should somehow be communicated. But I'm reality, I have no idea how to say that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:25 AM
That's exactly what's happening with my husband and I. I gained a lot's of weight and my husband isn't attracted to me anymore. I'm having a really hard time losing weight. Don't know what to do,I love him so much, don't want to lose him.
I'm really depressed with the whole situation... 😥
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN