Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My MIL cleaned and cooked! Oh no!

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:20 AM
  • 28 Replies

Lol. My husband was skyping with me, and said that having his mom stay with him has been really stressful. She went into all the rooms, including his room and his roommate's room, and cleaned and organized the whole apartment, plus she keeps making food instead of waiting for him to come home and cook dinner, so he feels like his schedule is all thrown off. Then she washed all the laundry, his clothes, his roommate's clothes, our son's clothes.

I shook my head, "Wow. Must be rough."

For those that haven't read my posts before, my ex-husband and I share custody of my oldest daughter, and my husband's been unable to find work in my ex-husband's area, so we live apart during the school year. Previously, he traveled to my area for two weeks every six weeks, but our son has developmental delays and has been staying with him to be assessed, get services, and after a few months of intervention get evaluated for autism. His mom has come to stay with him to provide childcare while he's at work until I can work something out with my ex-husband. But this isn't about that. I just thought it was funny that he was complaining about having his home cleaned and his dinners cooked.

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM
So is the post about MIL cleaning, or the fuckery that is your life?
BubbsJNL
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:26 AM

I think it's awesome that she didn't just up and remove DD from Ex's life because 'she's the mom' and that her and DH seem to really be a team.  That's not 'fuckery'.

As for MIL, be sure he's not getting TOO pampered and gets used to it!  LoL!  

Quoting Anonymous: So is the post about MIL cleaning, or the fuckery that is your life?

magic4marigold
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

If I was your husband's roommate, I'd be pissed. I already put up with his wife and kids taking over the place every school break, and having to take care of his pets when he's gone for weeks at a time, but now I have a special needs kid living with me all the time, and someone's creepy mom handling my boxers and going through my room and bathroom, moving all my stuff around. Your husband's probably stressed because he keeps having to apologize to his roommate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I'm just confused about what we should be commenting on.

The whole family living apart thing is more interesting than MIL.

Quoting BubbsJNL:

I think it's awesome that she didn't just up and remove DD from Ex's life because 'she's the mom' and that her and DH seem to really be a team.  That's not 'fuckery'.

Quoting Anonymous: So is the post about MIL cleaning, or the fuckery that is your life?

tossed
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:32 AM

She did not move the dd because she is under a court order that prohibits her from moving to where her husband works. This is an ongoing saga that she posts about every few weeks. At one point, she posted about every single charge her husbnad made including every single time he got a cup of coffee. I am not the anon, but I imagine this is in response to the multiple posts we have seen over the last few months. 

Quoting BubbsJNL:

BubbsJNL
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Ahhhh...agreed!!

Quoting Anonymous: I'm just confused about what we should be commenting on. The whole family living apart thing is more interesting than MIL.
Quoting BubbsJNL:

lipsis
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Well, I've posted about my whole family living apart quite a bit. I just thought it was funny he was complaining about someone cooking and cleaning for him.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm just confused about what we should be commenting on. The whole family living apart thing is more interesting than MIL.
Quoting BubbsJNL:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:34 AM

I can NEVER get/stay caught up in here!!  Dammit!!  Thanks for the clarification!

Quoting tossed:

She did not move the dd because she is under a court order that prohibits her from moving to where her husband works. This is an ongoing saga that she posts about every few weeks. At one point, she posted about every single charge her husbnad made including every single time he got a cup of coffee. I am not the anon, but I imagine this is in response to the multiple posts we have seen over the last few months. 

Quoting BubbsJNL:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:37 AM
LOL sadly not the case... ex is abusive and only gets supervised visitation. OP doesn't have the balls to request she be allowed to move with the courts. Cluster fuck.

Quoting BubbsJNL:

lipsis
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Well, he spent $1600 in the six weeks between visiting us. That's a lot to spend. It didn't happen before, or afterwards, so I think it was just because two bonuses came in at the same time as our refund. He regreted all his spending this summer when everything was sending us into debt again. We wouldn't have had to rely on the credit card, even with all the emergencies and planned expenditures we had, if he hadn't acted all February refund rich like that.

Quoting tossed:

Quoting BubbsJNL:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)