Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Assaulted at the parade - Who was in the wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Who do you think was in the wrong?

Options:

YOU!

Her/Them

Both

Neither

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

Today was the parade to kick off the county fair. The streets were lined with kids and people. It was crowded. My daughter was sitting on the curb and a guy, his 2 kids, and his mom sat down next to us. She was in a wheelchair. She sat her can of pepsi on the ground next to her, on the side my daughter was sitting on. When the parade started, my daughter got excited and jumped up and spilt her soda. I didn't notice it right away, and she said (rudely) your kid spilled my soda! i apologized, and traded spots with my daughter so she wouldn't be sitting right nex to her, she said well sorry ain't going to replace my soda now is it? cant you control your own kid. I said "okay, it was an accident." and she told me i needed to replace her soda. If she was nice about it, I would have. Hell, there was a pop machine literally right behind us. But she was rude about it, and Seriously, not much was left. I told her sorry, but it was an accident and sat down and ignored her. She kept going on about how i need to control her, now my daughter WAS being good. She was sitting on the curb. She didn't deliberitly do it. She kept going on and on. I got irriated and said "Okay you are ruining the parade can you shut up now?" and so her son got involved and said don't tell my mother to shut up. I repeated again, shut up and leave us be. thanks. He said "your lucky your a woman. i got people who can take care of you"  we moved over, but it was crowded, so we were still pretty close to them. They made an effort to catch / block my kids from getting candy, so my friend and I went out and helped the kids get candy because they weren't getting any. He told us to go find somewhere else because we were keeping the candy from his kids. I told him no, shut up. He said his friends on his way to take care of me. I had enough of his threats, so I called the cops, who were relatively close because they were in the parade. While on the phone with dispatch, the guys mom raced out to get a candy and when my friend grabbed it, she shoved/punched her in the side. I told dispatch that, and when the cops got there the mom said my friend shoved her. The mom was in a wheelchair, but she was NOT disabled. She could move and was bending over, picking up the kids, she was fine. She really played it up like she was hurt / old.  Some kids were walking around selling cotton candy, I bought 2 things of it and when I pulled out the $, the old bitch told the kids that I owed her $ so to give her the $ instead of giving me the cotton candy. These kids were like 7, they look confused as hell and gave me the cotton candy and walked off.

Yeah, my kid spilt the soda but it was an accident. Making threats over a spilt soda? A little much. The cops said they have dealt with him a lot and he is all talk. 

I have to write a statement and take it in tomorrow.

Telling them to shut up may have been rude, but I made a point to buy 4 sodas and set them down right by my chair. :)

Nasty old bitchs. 

So, in your opinion, who was wrong here? Me for not replacing her soda, or them for the threats and overreacting?

Just curious

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the.B.karma
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:50 AM

I suppose in this real life we live in what you did was acceptable and fine. Fuck old ignorant bitches.

But in the perfect life you should have just replaced the soda anyway, even though she was a cunt, and then been extra snobby nice to her after. Maybe downgraded her ;) That is all the fun right there.

Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:10 AM
I wouldn't have gotten her another soda. Nor would I have told her to shut up. To irritate her I MAY have said that I won't buy it because its poison and I don't spend my money on poison. At least not until the cotton candy comes around.
lenashark
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Both of you were in the wrong. She should have been more polite about it, but your child spilled her soda, you should have replaced it. Once again, they should have been more polite, but you should have been more polite as well, telling them to shut up in front of your kids is just a bad example on how to solve problems, having your friends race around and fight them over candy is just plain ridiculous and childish. You should have just bought her a soda and moved away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:20 AM
I guess I would just spend the 1$, to avoid all the drama . But I'm not a person who enjoys drama
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I would've bought the hag another Pepsi and moved as far away from them as possible.

But I'm not a fan of drama, so...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:25 AM

I vote YOU, because you can only control your own actions. You unnecessarily escalated the situation when you could have just offered to replace the soda as soon as you noticed the spill. Her actions are hers to own, it is not your job to "punish" her because of her poor attitude. And as a cop's wife, this is a complete waste of time of the officers involved, and will get you both laughed at behind your back. Guess what? Cops don't care if someone is being a meanie-pants about a spilt drink. Grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Both of you were wrong...but I guess you started it.
Yah maybe she was being an old bitch but your kid DID spill her soda...and if a there was a machine right behind you take your 50cents and buy her a new one and shut her up
You claim she ruined the parade for you and your kids...but really YOU did...replacing her soda would have ended the entire conflict but you kept it going

You also could have moved....

Honestly if my child had spilled the soda I would have said "I'm sorry let me get you a new one" replaced it and maybe the woman would have said "thank you" THE END

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:30 AM

They were severely wrong but you did escalate it.  I would have tossed a couple of dollars for her soda at her and ignored anything else they had to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a bitch.  I would have bought the can of soda, and shaken the HELL out of it before giving it to her.  Shower time!

handy0318
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Sorry... as soon as my kid spilled the soda, especially with a soda machine right behind...I would have replaced the soda. That's where things went downhill... it was reasonable to expect you to replace the soda.  You didn't.

Did they over-react and escalate things to a ridiculous degree over a soda...yeah. But, that doesn't mean that you should not have offered to replace the soda as soon as  your child spilled it. Accident or not, like she said, "sorry" doesn't replace the soda.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN