Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are you kidding me? its 3am..

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:23 AM
  • 18 Replies
Just got a phone call at 3am.. From a freaking phishing scam.. Saying my MasterCard debit card has been locked and to press 1 for the security team.. I don't even use MasterCard. Googled the # and its a phishing scam. It's freaking 3am!! Are you serious??

I am PISSED.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebeccarae
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:26 AM
That's crappy. Glad I leave my phone in the bathroom and on silent. Hope you sleep soon.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I was on the verge of falling asleep and I keep my phone with me at all times in case of an emergency.. But 3am is bullshit for scams.

Quoting rebeccarae: That's crappy. Glad I leave my phone in the bathroom and on silent. Hope you sleep soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oliveoyl214
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM

sorry mama, that sucks! Hope you can get back to sleep soon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM
It's 12:30 here. Sorry you got woken up :(
beaularson91
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Itsva ploy, if they call really late, yiur more likely to be half asleep and be duped by it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Can you put your phone on blocking mode at night, and then allow exceptions for certain numbers? I do that for mine. So it silences everyone except my mom, dh, and sister between 10pm-7am.
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:32 AM
It was a NY # so it was 3am for those mfers too.. I just don't get it.

I'm not even slightly tired now.

Quoting Anonymous: It's 12:30 here. Sorry you got woken up :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:35 AM
I probably could.. But that blocks calls ringing from hospitals and other things if something comes up. I never thought I'd have to worry about a stupid phishing call at 3.

Quoting Anonymous: Can you put your phone on blocking mode at night, and then allow exceptions for certain numbers? I do that for mine. So it silences everyone except my mom, dh, and sister between 10pm-7am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:37 AM

The number means nothing anymore. It could be anywhere in the world and just using that number for call routing purposes.

Quoting -spork2.0-: It was a NY # so it was 3am for those mfers too.. I just don't get it. I'm not even slightly tired now.
Quoting Anonymous: It's 12:30 here. Sorry you got woken up :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:38 AM
1 mom liked this
It has a thing that you can set any number to go through if it calls you X amount of times (like more than once, twice, etc...) although this is getting complicated now. Lol Hopefully you just don't get any more bs phone scams instead.

Quoting -spork2.0-: I probably could.. But that blocks calls ringing from hospitals and other things if something comes up. I never thought I'd have to worry about a stupid phishing call at 3.

Quoting Anonymous: Can you put your phone on blocking mode at night, and then allow exceptions for certain numbers? I do that for mine. So it silences everyone except my mom, dh, and sister between 10pm-7am.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)