Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you in food stamps I have a message for you

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM
  • 307 Replies
127 moms liked this
Please do not feel like trash. Food stamps are for those whom need them. Please do not listen to these posts about people on food stamps are on trash and shouldn't have kids. Shit happens when you are a mom. We are all entitled to eat and feed our families. Those bashers have never been in your shoes. I have been your shoes and it sucks. Keep your head high and don't stop trying to better yourself. The ladies whom bash have no idea how hard it to go and get food stamps how bad it makes a person feel going down to welfare. You ladies are great.
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:45 AM
12 moms liked this

CEOmom84
by Silver Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:47 AM
5 moms liked this
Not ashamed to say I had to get on foodstamps at one point in my life. I was 21 and single mom living on my own. Just had my first child. It helped us alot while I was working part time amd going to school. Now I own my own business and take care of my three babies without help! I didn't make welfare a way of life, but it was a great help when I needed it and i'll always be grateful.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:52 AM
18 moms liked this
Lately, the bash post i see are on those who purposefully get pregnant while on fs.
I have no problem with someone getting fs if they need them. HOWEVER, if you are down and needing them, then you should not be adding mouths to feed. Its not ignorance or cruelty, its common sense.
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:56 AM
22 moms liked this

Im no a food stamp basher.

I'm a realist. Im not going to candy coat that you need govt assistance to do what is actually your job.

Im glad it's there, lord knows I dont like to see hungry babies.

I do agree that if you're on them you should seek to get off them, not to continue or further your lifestyle by having more children.

There are those who use food stamps to help their families and there are those who see it as free food - and it's a lifestyle for them - something they deserve.

Either way - it doesn't matter what they do. but one is right and one is wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:58 AM
5 moms liked this

I agree with the jist of your post. I don't agree with you saying "we are all entitled".  That is the issue with todays society and why so many people stay on government assistance for so long. No one is entitled to anything, unless you work for it yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:00 AM
8 moms liked this
I got pregnant knowing we were gonna need to get on FS, but not on them yet, and guess what? I don't care. If it weren't for the taxes that gets taken out of DH's paycheck, and if it weren't for the fact he's National Guard, and been to war twice, we wouldn't need them. Nobody wants to hire the guy in the military because he has to leave for training occasionally. So yes, I'm gonna collect my $260 a month in FS, while carrying my planned baby (until January when DH will finally get a raise and we won't need them) and no. I will not let the bitches on CM get me down.

And, FTR, I'm not going to come back in here. I don't need to read how awful we are, or whatever.

Quoting JDmommyJD: Lately, the bash post i see are on those who purposefully get pregnant while on fs.
I have no problem with someone getting fs if they need them. HOWEVER, if you are down and needing them, then you should not be adding mouths to feed. Its not ignorance or cruelty, its common sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
no bashing but some people use welfare as Abuse when they are perfectly in health and can work, I myself was on welfare for 3 years for rough situation and yet I only had food stamps but work at the same time until I got better and got off. I used to live in area where its a big area where mostly all the people on the blocks are in welfare and can work and they don't do anything or tried to get a job or are out there selling drugs drugs from 5 in morning to late at night. im saying if your ass can be outside 24/7 not doing anything or selling drugs then why can't you find a job that has the same time your outside not doing shit? .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:03 AM
yes thats true, I know plenty of people that got pregnant to get there welfare up its a damn shame and sad too that it can be sometimes family.

Quoting JDmommyJD: Lately, the bash post i see are on those who purposefully get pregnant while on fs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:06 AM
if its temporary you shouldn't mind, I aswell was in there temporary but my husband was working the whole time we were in there.

Quoting Anonymous: I got pregnant knowing we were gonna need to get on FS, but not on them yet, and guess what? I don't care. If it weren't for the taxes that gets taken out of DH's paycheck, and if it weren't for the fact he's National Guard, and been to war twice, we wouldn't need them. Nobody wants to hire the guy in the military because he has to leave for training occasionally. So yes, I'm gonna collect my $260 a month in FS, while carrying my planned baby (until January when DH will finally get a raise and we won't need them) and no. I will not let the bitches on CM get me down.

And, FTR, I'm not going to come back in here. I don't need to read how awful we are, or whatever.

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:29 AM
5 moms liked this
Im not going to bash you, i don't do that. But because of your obvious defensiveness, i think you know its wrong.

Quoting Anonymous: I got pregnant knowing we were gonna need to get on FS, but not on them yet, and guess what? I don't care. If it weren't for the taxes that gets taken out of DH's paycheck, and if it weren't for the fact he's National Guard, and been to war twice, we wouldn't need them. Nobody wants to hire the guy in the military because he has to leave for training occasionally. So yes, I'm gonna collect my $260 a month in FS, while carrying my planned baby (until January when DH will finally get a raise and we won't need them) and no. I will not let the bitches on CM get me down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)