Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you in food stamps I have a message for you

Posted by   + Show Post
Please do not feel like trash. Food stamps are for those whom need them. Please do not listen to these posts about people on food stamps are on trash and shouldn't have kids. Shit happens when you are a mom. We are all entitled to eat and feed our families. Those bashers have never been in your shoes. I have been your shoes and it sucks. Keep your head high and don't stop trying to better yourself. The ladies whom bash have no idea how hard it to go and get food stamps how bad it makes a person feel going down to welfare. You ladies are great.
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 6:41 AM
Replies (301-307):
Maggie228
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM

All programs have requirements be it age ,work history, income, etc.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a problem with programs that are available to everyone.

Quoting Maggie228:

Yes it's a government program that everyone pays into if they use it or not. 

Quoting Anonymous: Medicare charges higher premiums if your income is over $85,000 for an individual/$170,000 family, but the program is still open to everyone.
Quoting Maggie228:

It's a government program you have to apply for . It does use your current income as part of the process for benefits. 

Quoting Anonymous: Why's that?
Quoting Maggie228:

Interesting

Quoting Anonymous: Everyone can use Medicare.
Quoting Maggie228:

Why?

Quoting Anonymous: Not PA.
Quoting Maggie228:

Quoting Anonymous: Yet true. Plenty of people never need help. That's an excuse poor people use.
Quoting Maggie228:

A well thought out response. Anonymous

Quoting Anonymous: Bullshit.
Quoting Maggie228:

Everyone at some point in their life will need help in one form or another.

What do you consider medicare  ?

mandy18192
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Thank you:)

Quoting Anonymous: Great! Don't let anything or anyone stop you! It's doable! Start as soon as possible and work hard...you'll be done before you know it! If you can go straight for a BSN degree, that's even better. Do not settle for less girl. It's for you and your kids! All the best dear.

Quoting mandy18192: Im doing an assistant first because the hospital I'll he working at has a program that they can help me get my RN.

Quoting Anonymous: CNA won't help you much as a single mother with 3 kids! Go to nursing school...even if it's just for the LPN program!

Quoting mandy18192: I just became a single mom of 3 kids.... I just applied for wic and I felt like such a loser...I'm gonna eventually need food stamps.... Not something I'm proud of but hopefully when I get my nurses assistant certificate I will have no need for them anymore.
AydensMommy1992
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Do you realize that a good portion of the US can't afford or qualify to go to school? I was denied financial aid even though I work a minimum wage job and make under the limit the FA requires, so now I have to save up to go to the community college which is about 3,000-4,000 a semester where I live. I have a family of four and I have to save out of pocket to go. My husband is a college graduate and is not working in his field because no one is hiring. In fact, he is currently working at a fast food joint to make ends meet. So, having a college education doesn't always mean you get that job. 

Quoting Anonymous: You don't think not going to college is a major contributing factor to your poverty?
Quoting Joie35: I never said I hated college. I said it isnt for everyone and I still believe that. Im not where I am simply because I didnt choose that path. Im here due to a number of factors. Some 100% my fault. Others, notsomuch
Quoting Anonymous: How's that "I hate college" mentality working out for you? Sounds like you're really thriving. That's sarcasm, by the way.
Quoting Joie35: Im not ashamed to admit, Im on food stamps right now. I am supporting 3 kids on 10$/hr. I have a car payment (just had to buy a car because the transmission on my old paid off car took a shit and it wasnt worth putting the time or money into any more to fix), insurance, phone bill plus my part of the other household bills. My df cant afford to cover it all. So, in order to feed us all, I am on food stamps for now. Hopefully, I can manage to get a pay raise soon but that isnt looking so good. Ive had to take almost all of thus week off work with a kidney infection and I havent been there 90 days yet. Ill probably be lucky to keep my job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I never claimed it guaranteed anything, sweetheart. Don't put words in my mouth.

Quoting AydensMommy1992:

Do you realize that a good portion of the US can't afford or qualify to go to school? I was denied financial aid even though I work a minimum wage job and make under the limit the FA requires, so now I have to save up to go to the community college which is about 3,000-4,000 a semester where I live. I have a family of four and I have to save out of pocket to go. My husband is a college graduate and is not working in his field because no one is hiring. In fact, he is currently working at a fast food joint to make ends meet. So, having a college education doesn't always mean you get that job. 

Quoting Anonymous: You don't think not going to college is a major contributing factor to your poverty?

Quoting Joie35: I never said I hated college. I said it isnt for everyone and I still believe that. Im not where I am simply because I didnt choose that path. Im here due to a number of factors. Some 100% my fault. Others, notsomuch

Quoting Anonymous: How's that "I hate college" mentality working out for you? Sounds like you're really thriving.

That's sarcasm, by the way.

Quoting Joie35: Im not ashamed to admit, Im on food stamps right now. I am supporting 3 kids on 10$/hr. I have a car payment (just had to buy a car because the transmission on my old paid off car took a shit and it wasnt worth putting the time or money into any more to fix), insurance, phone bill plus my part of the other household bills. My df cant afford to cover it all. So, in order to feed us all, I am on food stamps for now. Hopefully, I can manage to get a pay raise soon but that isnt looking so good. Ive had to take almost all of thus week off work with a kidney infection and I havent been there 90 days yet. Ill probably be lucky to keep my job.

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I was a 'suddenly single' mom who was forced to apply after i kicked out my abusive partner.

I also had my tubes tied, because i don't believe that as long as I need assistance, I should keep popping out babies.

Yes, I agree shit happens, I am the friggin queen of that. But, As a single mom making what I make and having to pay a fortune so my daughter can go to daycare and i can work 50+ hours a week to afford rent and utilities, you bet your ass I'm thankful for the help.

I would rather work 50+ hours a week than sit at home on govt' assistance. That problem is rampant in my area, and they get pregnant one right after another because you can collect cash assistance as long as your child is under 3 months old or you are over 32 weeks pregnant.

No thanks. I want better for my kids, and I'm willing to work my ass off to get it.

AydensMommy1992
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was just saying that college eduacation doesn't mean anything anymore. You can get a good job but in todays society it's extremely hard. If it offended you in some way, I apologize.

Quoting Anonymous: I never claimed it guaranteed anything, sweetheart. Don't put words in my mouth.
Quoting AydensMommy1992:

Quoting Anonymous: How's that "I hate college" mentality working out for you? Sounds like you're really thriving. That's sarcasm, by the way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/troyonink/2014/05/05/federal-reserve-college-education-worth-830000-more-than-high-school-diploma/

$830,000 "means something" to me.

Quoting AydensMommy1992:

I wasn't putting words in your mouth. I was just saying that college eduacation doesn't mean anything anymore. You can get a good job but in todays society it's extremely hard. If it offended you in some way, I apologize.

Quoting Anonymous: I never claimed it guaranteed anything, sweetheart. Don't put words in my mouth.

Quoting AydensMommy1992:

Quoting Anonymous: How's that "I hate college" mentality working out for you? Sounds like you're really thriving.

That's sarcasm, by the way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN