Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When I almost lost my daughter I posted about it on cm.

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:05 PM
  • 61 Replies
28 moms liked this
My daughter was born via emergency c-section because she was in SVT. Initially they didn't think she'd make it through the night. She had sepsis, her blood pressure was plummeting, she had fluid on her lungs, they were unable to keep her heart in a healthy rhythm, and they were worried that she might be disabled if she did make it because her cord was wrapped around her neck twice.
I didn't get to see her for twelve hours because she was in such bad shape and the drugs they had to give me made me incredibly sick. I was freaking out. But I had to be strong. For my husband, my family, her sister, and for her. I couldn't fall apart like I wanted to. And so while we waited to find out whether my baby would live or not I came on here. I was able to vent and voice my fears to people who weren't involved in the situation. I was able to get prayers and positive words from the ladies on here, and it helped get me through those first four days until she stabilized enough that the doctors could tell me that she'd most likely make it.
So maybe you wouldn't choose to post on here if you were in a situation like mine, or a horrifically tragic situation like I've seen some ladies post about on here, but that doesn't make them liars. And them choosing to open up on here is not wrong.
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM
19 moms liked this

i agree completely i know some people just have zero compassion and just assume that it's all bullshit some people have no one to turn to... it's a shame. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I understand, momma! It's so scary to not know if your baby will make it though the night. I vented on a similar site when my daughter had emergency surgery for mekels diverticulum and they removed part of her small intestine.

It was either that or curl up in a ball and cry.
the_dude
by abides on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM

and i am sorry you had to go through that... i can't even imagine. I'm glad she's well. 

gogohas2babies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I agree......we all have reasons for being on here.  Probably the main thing is entertainment, but sometimes people need a place to vent.  Sometimes I don't get peoples rude comments but then I keep telling myself everyone has a right to their opinion, as much as we don't like it at times sometimes its good to have different angles to look at.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM
I agree, some people have no other way to vent

Glad she made it :) how old is she now?
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
We were very lucky. I had an amazing doctor and my hospital has a fantastic neonatal team.

Quoting the_dude:

and i am sorry you had to go through that... i can't even imagine. I'm glad she's well. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to hug you and your LO now. ((Hugs)) I'm glad you were able to find solace here.
PeachQuean
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed.

I posted as well when my dd was having serious complications at birth and I.was alone in a hospital bed waiting 9 hours after the emergency csection waiting to meet her for the first time.

Wasn't sure if she was gonna make it or not.

It's all.I.had.
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I'm thinking they are accusing others of what they are guilty of
o.O....
by Cara on Aug. 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
She's wonderful, thanks. The first two years were pretty stressful, she was on a lot of medication and she had a couple more icu trips, but she's five now and doing amazingly.

Lol- I quoted the wrong reply- stupid phone.

Quoting gogohas2babies:

I agree......we all have reasons for being on here.  Probably the main thing is entertainment, but sometimes people need a place to vent.  Sometimes I don't get peoples rude comments but then I keep telling myself everyone has a right to their opinion, as much as we don't like it at times sometimes its good to have different angles to look at.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN