Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's the funniest thing that happened when sending your kid back to school?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

Moms, we're looking for your funniest back to school stories! Anything to do with trying to buy your kid a new wardrobe, taking advantage of a sale on school supplies, silly things your child did/said upon finding out about their teacher or classroom or making a new friend, etc. Your responses may be used for a Stir story. Thanks in advance!

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Aoife_Of_2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My 1st grader haha sleeps on the bus. The coach has to get him off in the mornings carry him to his classroom (half hour before school starts; he sleeps on a kindergartner mat in the room till class starts) and the bus driver she has to hand him to me in the afternoons. We laugh so hard because in k he did the same thing. Not a morning child goes to bed at 7:30 p.m gets up at 5:45 a.m. I don't know what to do. Right now he has thrush and a sinus infection with pollen allergies so that is a factor at the moment. Thankfully he is not that heavy; 47 pds at just barely 4 ft and his school like last year are helping me. Last year he was in and out of the hospital for croup (36 days missed) and I sent him to school but they didn't push him too much and they let him nap along with giving him breathing treatments. This is his first week. We didn't even get to two weeks. sigh It is going to be a long year.

My oldest 4th I forgot his snack bag and his teacher gave him a hug told him it was ok she had fruit roll ups and other snacks. She was suprised when he hugged her back, she said normally the boys don't hug back but the girls do. I said the more hugs you give him the better he will do in class. It is a self esteem boost for him as he is a aspie and makes him feel more comfortable with people. So now everyone teachers and kids are hugging my 4th grader and he has been coming home with the biggest smiles. Makes me happy to know he is doing good and making friends. He gets so nervous and upset so easily.

Now to just get my youngest back on track.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
The only thing that was funny was last year my kindergartener had to be dragged to class while my toddler walked right in like he owned the place sat in my kindergarteners chair all proud of himself. Then my. 5yr old threw another fit that I was leaving while my toddler threw a fit that he didn't get to stay.
brittc789
by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM

My oldest DDs first day of pre k. I walked her in and told her it's time to be a big girl. I really thought she would cry. She walked in after a quick "bye mommy", no hug or love you. I slowly walked back to the car got in and cried for half an hour outside the school!

Last school year in kindergarten we moved in March. Her first day in her new school we got to go to her class room and meet the teacher at the beginning of the day. As soon as she walked in the class one of the little girls ran up to DD, gave her a big hug and yelled HI NADYA! No, Nadya has never met this little girl before but they became best friends =]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Last year my daughter told her teacher on the first day of school that she had never had a man teacher before....and she hoped he was better than her fourth grade teacher who was mean.  On the last day...she told he was the best teacher she ever had and could he go to sixth grade with her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)