Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

**UPDATED!!** My husband and I I NEVER travel together, or with all of the kids *hey look, I'm featured!*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 196 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a phobia of us all dying together.  Therefore, my husband and I never travel in the same vehicle or plane.  Also, neither one of us takes all of the kids alone.  When we travel on vacation, he takes one and I take one.  We do the same thing to the kids' sporting events, the grocery store, the movies, etc.

AMA!

Some of you ladies have been very helpful! Thank you for making me realize what I wasn't thinking about. I went today and put in applications at several apartment complexes.  I figure we can take turns staying there and alternate the kids, too. That way if something happens to house, we're okay. Also,  Will start looking at alternate routes to our usual stores and such. Thank you so much!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM

BUMP!

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:45 AM
21 moms liked this
See I'm the opposite. If we're gonna go I would rather us all go together. But i don't consciously make decisions based on that, we just live our lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: See I'm the opposite. If we're gonna go I would rather us all go together. But i don't consciously make decisions based on that, we just live our lives.

My kids are 14 and 10 and have never ridden in a vehicle together.  I cannot imagine losing either of them, but it would be even worse to lose them at the same time.  Nor can I imagine them losing both of their parents at the same time.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:49 AM
4 moms liked this
That's a pretty extreme phobia.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:49 AM
9 moms liked this

That, my dear, is classic paranoia.  You should get some help with that, and I say that in the nicest possible way.  My father has suffered from it most of his life - which means that all of us have suffered from it.

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Very extreme. Therapy could possibly help.

Quoting KairisMama: That's a pretty extreme phobia.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Maybe.  It just seems normal to us.  My son can't believe it when his friends post pictures of family road trips and the kids are all in the backseat together.  He thinks they're crazy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM

If it was affecting our lives, I would.  But my kids are happy and adjusted.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

That, my dear, is classic paranoia.  You should get some help with that, and I say that in the nicest possible way.  My father has suffered from it most of his life - which means that all of us have suffered from it.

Cocomicah
by time lord on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Same lol

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: See I'm the opposite. If we're gonna go I would rather us all go together. But i don't consciously make decisions based on that, we just live our lives.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Why would I need therapy?  We're not hurting anyone.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Very extreme. Therapy could possibly help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)